Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    We were able to recover the list [of 20H serial numbers]
    Ribbit, ribbit... (I am the frog in Alan's pocket!)

Post Thanks / Like

Tom: What does that mean??????????????

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buff5 View Post
    Tom: What does that mean??????????????
    (It references the phrase ending with, "You got a frog in your pocket?")

I'm just poking a stick at Alan for not giving me credit. I knew about and wanted Len Lupton's list updated and used an internet archive site to sort thru 2003 thru 2009 "pictures" of Len's site until I found the latest version of Len's list. Alan and David will be great caretakers of this registry and it compliments their 20H historical data nicely.
    Tom

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for recovering this list Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom: Yes, I have a similar list on the Martin 200's that I am working on, perhaps someday I will publish that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louisiana Boat Racing Assn. (LBRA)

The Louisiana Boat Racing Association (LBRA) is pleased to announce that the City of Alexandria through the Greater Alexandria Economic Development Board (GAEDA) has approved a grant for the club to be utilized for our opening NBRA race of the 2016 racing season. With this grant we will utilize the funds to promote the race, which will be held at Tunk’s Cypress Inn restaurant on beautiful Lake Kincaid Louisiana. For additional info use this link (http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/). The event is scheduled for May 19 through the 22nd. With this grant we will be capable of paying at least $3,000 in tow money and as we work with other potential sponsors we hope to improve on this amount. We are looking forward to another great event at this site and hope all boat racers come join us for this event and enjoy our Louisiana hospitality.

The LBRA is also hosting the NBRA short course nationals on July 8 through the 10th on Lake Buhlow Louisiana. For this event we have a primary sponsor that will allow us to pay out $10,000 in tow money for the event. We are still working with other potential sponsors to bring in additional funding. If we are successful it might also provide funds that we will allocate to prize money for the event. The city of Alexandria is excited about getting back to boat racing where there has been a rich history of national events and is fully supporting the efforts of the LBRA through the NBRA to foster boat racing in the area.

Thinking ahead to 2017, I know it is a long way off, but it not to soon to start planning. The City of Alexandria LA would like to see a boat race on the Red river in the heart of the city. There is an excellent site that is located between the two bridges that offers great spectator viewing. This race would also be a summer race and offer outstanding tow money, far greater then our short course nationals for 2016. This is a great location and can be viewed on Google Earth. We have done some early reviews of the area and have talked with the city about installing paved launching ramps. I would like to hear from folks about this potential race site.

The LBRA is working hard to grow our sport and is actively working to make it happen. For anyone that needs additional information please contact me. I would also like to have you as a member of our club.

Alan van Weele President of LBRA
    Apvw1@aol.com
    337-304-0379

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20-h s/n

Quote Originally Posted by 25XS View Post
    Ribbit, ribbit... (I am the frog in Alan's pocket!)
    Sorry Tom, I did not want to blow your cover! You did a great job finding Len's old list. This morning I found 4 other 20-H's here in Louisiana and yesterday I talked with Albert Snell about getting the numbers on the brothers engines. I believe that we started with 202 numbers on the list and now we are getting close to 250 already. I added my S/N's (had more then I remembered) and David added his
    plus the ones Aeroliner has.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Alan: Here are 3 more 20H serial #'s that I owned at one time: 787133-787906-790115.
    Ronald

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    Sorry Tom, I did not want to blow your cover! You did a great job finding Len's old list. This morning I found 4 other 20-H's here in Louisiana and yesterday I talked with Albert Snell about getting the numbers on the brothers engines. I believe that we started with 202 numbers on the list and now we are getting close to 250 already. I added my S/N's (had more then I remembered) and David added his plus the ones Aeroliner has. -Alan
    Hi Alan. I believe Aeroliner will be a great caretaker of this list, and that is why it was sent to the Aeroliner Bros. Based on the 2009 rendition of the registry, I was pretty sure it would quickly grow by at least 100 newly registered 20H engines or parts. The potential here is that some separated parts might be able to be reunited (20H tower & clamps matched back up to a block) and now that you know sleeving the blocks is possible, some of the damaged parts can be put back into service.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Tom
    I did notice that Alan and Howie P share an engine.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Thread Information