Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury 75-HA numbers matching

Collecting and restoring Mercury racing engines has been a passion for more years then I can remember. Haveing a Mercury dealership for over 40 years provided the foundation for my hobby. Recently I found a numbers Matching 75-H disassembled with a few parts missing. I have some of the missing items but others I will need to find. Published data shows 26 produced by most likely there are more factory units. This engine falls in the published S/N range. Next step will be to get it up to Doug Kay to do a full restoration. I will post some photos of it when the tower and foot arrive. The S/N is 1200083 block and tag.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Default 75-HA Restoration

Dog Kay had been making progress on the 75-HA restoration but has passed away before he could complete it, The powerhead was completed and he was getting ready to install all the accessories on it. I will finish it as time permits and I can find some needed parts. I need the lower pan part number167-1564A2. Notice that the 75-HA block does not have the oil drain line bosses drilled and tapped. I am looking for a complete Mark 75 Powerhead if anyone has one is selling one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information