Thread: Random shots from the pits

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Top Mechanic

My wife Ellen smoothing an exhaust elbow before the first heat of 250 runabout at the Nationals this year. Photo by T. Ziemer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agony of Defeat

Mark Stahl's day is over, finally. Sunday at the Nationals after Mark takes a very hard pounding in 350 runabout (refer to Splash Section - Pro Nationals). Photo by Teri Ziemer.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    Joe Rome and I were talking on the phone a little earlier. We both decided it would be super cool if you and the remaining racers could get together for a 25 year reunion photo. Maybe at DePue and some of the retired gang could show as well.
    Wayne, I talked to several people at Raleigh, Voss, Schmidt, and others about a reunion next year at Deoue. Perhaps we can get Simison, Hoppy, Jerry Peterson, Dick O'Dea, Johnny Yale, to name a few to come. We need someone to head this reunion up & to get r dun!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree John

I was hoping to make DePue this year, but our trip to San Francisco came too late. Debbie wants to go see our erstwhile neighbors in Hawaii again next summer. Not firmed up yet, but if we do, I am pushing for taking off as soon as school is out so we can get back in time to go to DePue. So let's start working on it.

BTW Ray Yates called a couple of days ago and the LSBRA reunion will be at the Baytown Boat Club at Highlands, Texas Feb 11-12, 2006. There will be future reminders.

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2006, at DePue???

If I don't go off to Italy or some damn fool place...Maybe, I'd go....Actaully, this year I was at the Junior Water Polo Olympics...and they may very well be the first week of August, 2006....

Someone plan it and it will happen...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue 2006

Hey Ron, no problem, I got my Pro-Motion newsletter and it shows the Nationals tentative for July 26-30. Make plans now. I am not much of a planner but anything I could do to help count me in. Anybody heard what Paulie Bogosian is doing. Havent seen him and his family since he visited the Springfield race about 12 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion Idea

I would suggest Friday night for a Reunion Party. You might able to arrange something at Pikstick's (SP?). Paulie Bosnich would be a good contact for this.

Racing will take place Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

There is usually a big dinner Wednesday night in the pits for the drivers, crews and volunteers/ race officials.
    Satruday night there is an awards banquet for the first 2 days of racing.

The DePue's Men's Club is the host of the race and the USTS is conducting club of the race. I expect both of these organizations will be up to their ears in alligators during the week. So, this effort really will need a couple of volunteers to coordinate things. We will be glad to lend advice or answer any questions.

I hope many "old timers" return and catch the bug again.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's not drop the reunion idea

In the meantime more Springfield 1977. BTW, Dan M, is that you in the 2nd photo handling the left?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Wayne,

Good eye. That is me standing next to Phil Howard, Bill Van, and Ray Hardy. Eileen was driving. I think she won High point that year in Formula 350.

Again GREAT pics.

Thanks,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default I knew I would find one of you

Dan, We hung around too many of the same crowd for me to take this long to find a shot of you, but I'm sure there's more. Ever hear from Phil Howard? Jim Trimble said he was going to get him on BRF but that's been a while back. In fact Jim said he found a lot of photos that he was going to post as soon as he got a scanner. That's been a while back too.

Thread Information