Thread: Random shots from the pits

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default R&D C stock Hydro

This is a picture of the R&D I bought from Don Haack. This was near the beginning of my racing career. The boat was damaged pretty badly after I ran out out of river in the Slough Race.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

previews of a little dvd about an Acapulco exhibition race in1980;

Tomtall

Thumbs up R&d

Steve - Love that R&D. Looks fast just sitting still. The swept back cowling and wind screen look awsome. What's the history on R&D boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winona 1976

a few pics from the OLY Pro Nationals--1976

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, some memories.....

OK ,

Wayne names please?

Also if an unmanmed club returned here for a boat race would you attend????

Suppose we let you drive a 97mph 250ccH????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Names?

I have generally stayed away from putting out the names. I like to post the pictures with the hope that others out there will fill in the names. I post too much anyway, but I will if no one else does. I want the people that were there and remember the events to add something. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I would love to go back to Winona. It was a fantastic venue the three years we went. The second year I was sidelined, but we still had a great time. These days it is difficult to get away, but that is one place I would consider.

The last question If I thought I could get away with it , but it's been a long time since I have aired any plywood out. I don't know if I could feel the lift well enough to get there Methinks the boats these days are so light with the new materials, and handling characteristics are probably different from my day so that I think if I tried I would want Paul Simison or Cameraboy on the side to record when I should have let off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    I have generally stayed away from putting out the names. I like to post the pictures with the hope that others out there will fill in the names. I post too much anyway, but I will if no one else does. I want the people that were there and remember the events to add something. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I would love to go back to Winona. It was a fantastic venue the three years we went. The second year I was sidelined, but we still had a great time. These days it is difficult to get away, but that is one place I would consider.

The last question If I thought I could get away with it , but it's been a long time since I have aired any plywood out. I don't know if I could feel the lift well enough to get there Methinks the boats these days are so light with the new materials, and handling characteristics are probably different from my day so that I think if I tried I would want Paul Simison or Cameraboy on the side to record when I should have let off.
    My guess is that it just like riding a bike. Besides, my 4-blade Dewald propeller will keep the nose down for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics....

I recognize Scott Smith in there looking at an FA Konig, and one of Danny Kirts boats (H-1)
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kirts boat

Your'e close on the Kirts Charley, but that's Jerry. His brother Tom is just to the right. I forget the name of the pit man on the left.

And David--I only blew over once, so I don't have much experience to fall back on. Also on a bike, the ground would be closer and slower. Are you going to Alexandria in August?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default N-48

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team

Hi Wayne, great pictures as usual. The red DeSilva (N-48) belonged to the late Bob Hooghkirk. From thr picture I believe it was powered by a Crescent engine. Any pictures of N-96? Bob
    Bob Rusnak

Thread Information