Thread: Random shots from the pits

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob Hooghkirk

Hi Bob. Yes I do have some of Bob Hooghkirk. In fact I have a series that I have intended to put on the splash section from Alexandria, but I have misplaced the transparency on the middle of the sequence and haven't found it yet. I also have some of Pete Voss, Dick Scoponich, Jim Gohery and others I need to post one of these days.

Add: I misread your post at first. Yeah, I think I have more of N 96. most of my stuff is B&W, but I think I still have some of you from Hinton that I didn't post. When I first started, I didn't keep track of the ones I posted and I don't always remember what is already out there. I'll look back. Were you at Winona?

David_L6

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    it's been a long time since I have aired any plywood out.
    Want to try flying some carbon fiber?

If you can ever get to one of our races you should take one of my boats for a ride.

I don't know if I could feel the lift well enough to get there
    When the ride gets kind of "quiet" and real smooth you need to do something! Like start thinking about how your going land this thing.

David_L6

Default Different David but....

Your'e close on the Kirts Charley, but that's Jerry. His brother Tom is just to the right. I forget the name of the pit man on the left.

And David--I only blew over once, so I don't have much experience to fall back on. Also on a bike, the ground would be closer and slower. Are you going to Alexandria in August?

What's going on at Alex in August?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David, I was really looking forward to Alex this spring before I had to cancel out. One of the main reasons was to take you up on your offer of a short ride. When I heard that you broke your motor before the races I was REAL GLAD that my hand wasn't on the throttle when it broke. But, it is still tempting. Joe tells me that there will be a title series race there Aug 27-29.

Every now and then I have a nightmare that I am about 500-600 feet above the Fox River in my 700 hydro and everything is VERY QUIET, and REAL SMOOTH. And that is EXACTLY what I think about.... how do I get down?

David_L6

My motor problems were no big deal. Just a water leak. The Mercs are tough as nails. About the only thing that ever breaks on one is the lower unit. Don't worry about something happening to my motor - just go for a ride. If something breaks while you're in the boat it would break while I am in a race anyway.

As long as Ralph is at the race I have a couple of back up motors. We both have a 44 plus another one that we both contributed parts and money to. That motor is in Ralph's trailer for a couple of reasons.... I seldom go to a race that he isn't at and he's got a lot bigger trailer. Ralph usually doesn't run 44 hydro either so I could use his motor if both of the others had problems.

I hope there is a Title Series race at Alex. in August. If I don't have to work I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hinton Pics

Wayne, I believe the boat that everyone is working on is Dan Kirts. It looks like Tommy Kirts ( the one with no shirt and curly blonde hair) and maybe Jim Kirts leaning on the boat with the red hair. Could be wrong. I will have to ask my dad what happened to Danny, if that is his boat.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Winona

Hi Bob. Yes I do have some of Bob Hooghkirk. In fact I have a series that I have intended to put on the splash section from Alexandria, but I have misplaced the transparency on the middle of the sequence and haven't found it yet. I also have some of Pete Voss, Dick Scoponich, Jim Gohery and others I need to post one of these days.

Add: I misread your post at first. Yeah, I think I have more of N 96. most of my stuff is B&W, but I think I still have some of you from Hinton that I didn't post. When I first started, I didn't keep track of the ones I posted and I don't always remember what is already out there. I'll look back. Were you at Winona?
    No Wayne never went to Winona. The only Nationals I went to were DePue several times and Hinton. I will have to dig through some of my old photo's and see what would be of interest on the site to post....Bob N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

Right on the money Doug. I couldn't remember the Kirts boy's names. That's Todd Brinkman, Sr. on the far left and John Dortch Jr. with the floppy hat and suspenders. I think it may be Jerry Kirts to the back left the the hat on and you can see Rodney Walk in the background to the right with sunglasses on.

Bob, see if you can find your pics. Would like to see them.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW

I have been sitting here with my kids feeling really old looking at the pictures from Winona and Springfield. There are several of the back of my head helping my Dad get out in the old Merc C-Service. I love the picture of all us kids in 1979 and it is amazing that well over 1/2 of us are still racing. Because we lived in Texas for the 5 years before my Dad died the kids did not know him very well so it is fun to show them pictures of Chris and I helping him just like they help us today.

Thanks for the pictures...keep them coming.

Kristi Ellison (Hellsten)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alex in August

Your'e close on the Kirts Charley, but that's Jerry. His brother Tom is just to the right. I forget the name of the pit man on the left.

And David--I only blew over once, so I don't have much experience to fall back on. Also on a bike, the ground would be closer and slower. Are you going to Alexandria in August?
    Alex in August in on the agenda! I love the food and the hospitality and the fast water.

Plus, I get to see David L6 who gets a ride also if he shows up!!

Thread Information