Thread: Random shots from the pits

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    Here's a clue. That's Bob Hering's tunnel. And a Merc dangling off the transom.
    The guy on the right with the cup in his hand is the now deceased Gary Garbrecht. The other 2 could be Merc factory team guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvin Cooper

My Dad thought the one guy looked possibly like Melvin Cooper from Savannah, Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marty looked a little confused here as well

Which way is up?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Right on Jeff

That would tend to addle the brain a little.

It's not Melvin.

John--I don't think that is Gary although I believe he was there. These photos are not good enough to get a positive I.D. However, Jeff with his eagle eye may figure out what the shirt says.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

It says "Wash Me"!!

Although the guy in the pic looks a bit thin for my guess, I'll give it a go.....

Is it Mike Werner??

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you mean the driver from Germany--No!

I really don't know who these guys are. I think Mark N probably named the guy I first posted about. I was just curious. The kilos at Kaukauna were a mix of stock, modified, pro and OPC. I knew very few people there. Only Tim Butts, and of course my Dad "Baldy", along with Bob Hering, Wil Pergande, Louis Collins and Jeff Hutchins. I think Gary Garbrecht was there as well as some OMC people, but unfortunately I didn't take many pictures. Maybe I'll throw some of the others up to see who can be identified.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kaukuana

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    If you mean the driver from Germany--No!

I really don't know who these guys are. I think Mark N probably named the guy I first posted about. I was just curious. The kilos at Kaukauna were a mix of stock, modified, pro and OPC. I knew very few people there. Only Tim Butts, and of course my Dad "Baldy", along with Bob Hering, Wil Pergande, Louis Collins and Jeff Hutchins. I think Gary Garbrecht was there as well as some OMC people, but unfortunately I didn't take many pictures. Maybe I'll throw some of the others up to see who can be identified.
    After seeing the latest picture, I agree it's not Gary. I recognize the guy in the center, but don't know who.

Marty, I don't believe Melvin ever wandered north of the Mason Dixon line. Don't even recall if he ever came to Depue, but might have.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dick Ingebretsen

Mark N. is correct that is Dick Ingebretsen of Rockford. He and I were in the Safety boat that pulled Bob out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Say what some might.........But isn't the net an amazing thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default confused

Ah, Jeff that picture brings back memories. Someone had gotten the whole series of that event on camera and it sits proudly displayed on the lower level of my parents house. That is Ron Shurilla ducking as he goes by. Funny thing, he made it out the next heat. Only thing hurt was his pride and a bent steering bar. If memory serves correctly, he finished 3rd overall in that class that time. Sorry, I got off topic. I didn't even know there were tunnels around at that time. Kaukauna has changed since that time. Last I heard they weren't allowing any open exhaust any more. We haven't tested there for 2 years now. I think up until now, though some stock guys still were. There are lots of stories about that place and the Marina Bar.

Thread Information