I remember this great old man, who wore a big brimmed straw hat, those blue mechanic suits white knee high socks and brown leather boat shoes.....I remember my dad telling me that I could always go to him, and ask questions even the stupid ones, but to watch it because a stupid question would get a chuckle from Doc and another question to answer mine......

I remember him coming to every race in Region 11 with a trailer full of boats and engines and props for us kids to race a new class they wanted to start " J Pro Hydro" , they boats were shovel nosed and ancient (well to me they were ancient)....but the engines were shiny and new....and I remember him having a prop box in his trailer, and after we all got our boats and engines we were allowed to go in and pick out the prop we wanted to race....I remember picking up a three bladed Hill prop and him asking "are you sure you want that one" and I emphatically said "YES!!" because I figured at the age the more blades on the prop the faster it would be....

He was always the most patient man with us kids, and if one of got something we all got it, and I remember he use to gather us kids in little circle, with all of us sitting around him, on tool boxes, and coolers listening to him tell us about racing, and what was good racing and what was bad racing, and how it was our decision on how we were going to race.....and the last but not least "Now everybody watch what your doing, and HAVE FUN!!" and we would all cheer a minute and then get geared up.....

God I loved that old man....and I remember he used to smell like Old Spice and Rosingol (spelling?) Lighter Fluid......