Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinions and suggestions on a utility runabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default engine cover?

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    We race in the local rivers with 40 horse ob's (at least thats what all the covers say)
    So... do you have any extra 50hp Tohatsu covers lying around? I'm always lookin' for a spare.

BTW 70mph is pretty respectable for the setup you discribe.
    Jeff Yungen

Rumrunner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cover question

[QUOTE=jeff55vDSH;53214]So... do you have any extra 50hp Tohatsu covers lying around? I'm always lookin' for a spare.

I'm lookin at buyin a partial extra 40 for parts and may have the cover with that one. If we get it I'll let you know. Since tohatsu-nissan went to the "TLDI" fuel injection on the 40 and up 2 strokes new purchases of these motors have slowed dramatically in our area. So the availability of used parts has just about dried up here. Another bad sign for the tohatsu/nissan lovers is when I checked the online wiseco catalog the availibility of pistons for the carbed three-holer 40/50 and the super little 25/30 two holer is ""limited to stock on hand"" !!! We just finished setting the powerhead back on the stump (did some tuner work) and ready to water test and check fuel mixture. Should see some increase if drivers 'nads hold out!

Rumrunner
    Post Thanks / Like

Default todays test results

Different tuner-same jetting seems a little rich. Different prop - 23" solid hub clever brand unknown- 69.3 mph and now 7200 rpm with our digital shop tach that I trust. Other tach was probably wrong. Going back to the D.A. Hendrick prop tomorrow and possible setup change to see what may be hiding. Our driver don't really drink but I think after trip to test tomorrow and racing Sunday He's gonna need to settle his nerves. He says : "I know, I know, if it ain't scary it ain't fast"

Thread Information