Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Our new boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our new boat

Since money is tight and fuel is high, we got KT a new race boat that solves the high price of housing....

Only in California would you see goofiness such as this, about 4 blocks off the beach in Encinitas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hey........Why not?

There is a marine not far from me here that has a bunch of permanently docked boats that don't move all year, winter too!

They pay for hydro and docking fee's, and have use of all the washroom / shower facilities at the marina.........no property tax!

I just took another look at your original post--------check out the steet numbers!

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff:

The city actually bought these things because some developer was going to raise them and build a condo because it is a block or so off the ocean.

The first time I saw them I just stopped in the middle of the street.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane Camille was one of the largest hurricanes to ever slam into the U.S. I think it was 1969. Biloxi, Missippippi was hit very hard. The following spring we were headed east on IH10 on the way to a race at Lakeland, Florida when we came across the area of destruction. At lot of debris had been cleared away, but there was still a lot of evidence of the destruction. The thing I remember the most was a large fishing boat on the north side of IH 10 with the bow facing the interstate. It was leaning to one side. I don't know if it was for shrimping, a trawler, or what, but it was about 60 feet or longer and around 20 foot beam. Whatever used to be where the boat came to rest was gone.

The next year we headed back to Lakeland, and while cleanup was pretty much complete, the boat was still there. But now it was upright, painted and had doors and windows. It was turned into a hamburger stand. It was there for awhile. Might still be.

Post Thanks / Like

I should post my caboose picture....On the way down to the lake we test on, right in the front of a guys front yard, sitting on a section of track, is an old wooden caboose...I think the due uses it for a guest home.....I was looking for the gasoline powered washing machine on the porch, but did not find one....But then, I should talk...My wife almost killed me when I connected an old chain saw engine to our kitchen garbage disposal.....She didn't like where I put the expansion chamber out the wall so I had to move it higher

Thread Information