Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Hydrostream V-Wings - Havasu 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small People Think Small...

You usually don't have to look very far to find "SMALL" people running things. Look at a "Condo" or "Home Owners" association. These "SMALL" people because they have NOTHING TO DO get themselves elected. Then, first off they become IMPORTANT because they got elected.

Then they do IMPORTANT things, like make rules to tow you car if you park in front of your house when they have self appointed themselves to the put up NO PARKING SIGNS...

These "SMALL PEOPLE" sit back and say, "Without me this neighbor would look like ****..." Really??? Without these people maybe the NEIGHBORHOOD would be a neighborhood.

I lived the first thirty years of my life without a home owners ***. and the next thirty with them. Do you really thing the $3,000 doors I put in my house made the value on the neighborhood go down? Was the $15,000 ON LEGAL FEES REALLY WORTH IT? MY $3,000 ON ON THAT HOUSE TODAY. HALF THE HOUSES IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD HAVE THE SAME DOORS TODAY AS I PAID $3,000.

Point Being about MOD VP, Mod 100, NOVICE HYDRO, Mod C, Formula 50, Family J......Evinrude 25 SS...to name a few class. Someone had an AXE to grind about these classes.

In the Outboard War years, it wasn't enough for Mercury to win, they WANTED TO SAY WHO would win. If Team Mercury won they could get a larger budget for next year. If Dick Sherrer, Mercury Dealer, if he happened to have his engine man, Ed Lane, build and engine that won Parker. Even though he was a Mercury Dealer, he was really treated as a traitor to Mercury Racing because he built his own engine.

Mercury Racing was once a "COUNTRY STORE" that tried to make a profit. When the BOD of Brunswick realized they could turn a HUGE profit from racing, the racers took it in the wallet.

Over the last 30 years Mercury Marine has done a great job taking care of Mercury Marine. They don't like Yamaha's winning races. They don't like Evinrude's winning races.

With Evinrude, Mercury and Yamaha racing MOD VP, someone was going to win.....If the class get "**** Canned"....Mercury can say, "It's not my fault...".
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-15-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

All you guys that have brought back the Parker race have done a great job. It gives us boat racers accross the contry something to shoot for. I have been trying to make it out there for the 300 sence ya`ll brought it back but haven`t been able to do it yet. Soon i hope. I have a Laser 380 and an Allison XR-2002 both comp hulls but really would like to do this race in a Seebold Warrior Mod-VP. I know it`s not the fastest boat by far but rides real smooth in the rough stuff.

DB

Thread Information