Tim Hanna:

FYI

Hans Krage, who was the long time Konig "factory" hydro driver, and also a very close friend of Dieter's, has a son named Peer Krage. Peer is a member on BRF and you can send him a PrivateMessage by accessing his name under the members list. Just click on "members list" at the top of the page and then look under "P" as in Peer Krage. You can then click on his name to send him a private message.

The reason you would want to contact him is he has a DVD made with the cooperation of Kim's widow. The DVD shows the development of the GP bike, both in the Konig factory and also a numerous tracks in Europe where it was raced, The DVD is about 30 minutes long and very well done. Peer was here in the US last fall at the World Championship boat races, visiting with Ralph Donald, who was a very close friend of his father. Peer showed the DVD at Ralph's home, and my wife and I along with Mike Ward and his wife (Mike is the UK Yamato dealer if you do not know him) had the pleasure of viewing it and it was very interesting. Perhaps Peer could arrange for you to have a copy of this very historic commentary/documentary on the development and racing of this bike, if you do not already have one or are not aware of it.

In addition to the GP bikes built at the Konig factory, there were also several BMW bikes built with Konig engines. These were street legal bikes. I believe they were powered by 350CC engines although I am not absolutely sure about that. Peer acquired one of those bikes several years ago and has completely restored it. It is the only bike that he knows of that is powered by Konig that still exists.

If you are not able to contact him let me know and perhaps I can be of further assistance in getting you two in touch.