Thread: Konig History

Post Thanks / Like

Default C Konig

I remember seeing a few of them in the 50's . Was the 3 cylinder C Konig the first 3 cyl. racing engine?

Post Thanks / Like

There was an earlier Konig 3 cylinder racer before the inline 3 of the 1950's ... the 1930's Konig triple was a radial

I believe these were the first racing triples.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The hectamotor was not a racer, First race motor was 175 about 1937 or so, Dieter was the racer maker much to the dismay of Rudolf, he made the pleasure motors. Dieters sister set a record with the first racer after the war, Then came the war, After the war they started the racer motor stuff again as well as pleasure motor work. First A was about 1947, The B was already made in it's modular design. That design opened up the other classes as things improved lifestyle wise after the war. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

When you were in Germany, did you ever hear of a truck wheel manufacturer named Konig? I do realize Konig is a popular name in Germany, but I didn't expect to see that name in an American tire shop

I had some work done on my pickup yesterday and there it was. I mentioned to the service manager (Glenn Predmore) my involvement with boat racing. He asked if I knew Jim Schoch. Duh! Small world!

He asked a lot of questions about boat racing. I gave him the web site address. He sounded very interested and promised to check us out.

Post Thanks / Like

König means king, very common name in N. Germany. There are many Königs/Koenigs in Texas. No relation to Dieter. Norwegian is Kong so King Kong is King King or Kong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    Steve,

When you were in Germany, did you ever hear of a truck wheel manufacturer named Konig? I do realize Konig is a popular name in Germany, but I didn't expect to see that name in an American tire shop

I had some work done on my pickup yesterday and there it was. I mentioned to the service manager (Glenn Predmore) my involvement with boat racing. He asked if I knew Jim Schoch. Duh! Small world!

He asked a lot of questions about boat racing. I gave him the web site address. He sounded very interested and promised to check us out.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have heard of the wheel maker Gene, They are popular with the small car crowd here. I have even drank Koing beer as well, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I have been accused to have been "Drinking the Kool-Aid", Konig being just one flavor...

J-Dub

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

West Coast Kool Aide ,Makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

And a few flavors makes you test the water in many forms. Fast is fast no matter how you look at it. Thanks for bringing fast here on BRF, J-Dub..
    Charley Bradley

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen a Konig beer, although there are many heavy duty Koenig lift tail gates for pickups down here. Guess they are the preferred brand because they work very well.

My favorite brew is Berliner Kindl. Still got some of the little pads?? you set them on. Steve...you remember the Berliner Weisse? A pilsner that was colored red or green on May Day? Debbie and I gave it a taste because of the tradition, but I never figured out if it was a German tradition or a Commie one because of May Day.

Thread Information