So I figured it pretty close Steve. I backed off a little bit sooner rather than driving into the pin and then making the turn. I feel what you are saying Steve. It's a spin out when you drive into a corner with the power off. The idea is that you know that and as soon as you make the turn....you are already set to head up the other straight.

Your description of the bowling alley race course was right on Steve. I appreciate the cleanup of castor oil also, but I decided that I would not clean it any more than I have. I cleaned it with lacquer thinner like Floyd Hopkins taught me and I always did that before a race. Like I told Joe Rome today...."The first layer of castor oil and grime belongs to Marshall Grant...the second layer was put down by me and Jack Chance...Harry Bartolomei added to it....etc.!" So I will keep the "patina" of the motor as it is. As far as other parts go, I will let you know. I guess it's better to finish my project on the Amazing Story thread. But you guys got me interested in competing that project.

ADD: Steve..I don't remember the size of the drum of the boats I drove at Dieter's. I never drove a D of his....only my own in Austria with a three pin turn. I did try to drive an OE in Berlin with a Konig on a Danisch Proprider, but we had no success. Tests were good, but motor prolems during the race. I did not remember any more trouble with holding against torque than I had with our American set ups, but then again...I didn't drive it that much, and I don't know that I had that small of a hub. Your insights and stories continue to amaze me.