Very interesting Steve.

Cut now to a preview of coming attractions: Since this thread is widely read, I wish to now notify everyone of a breakthrough in the Claude Fox photos. I carried all but one volume of the DVD's to Joe Rome's yesterday and we were up until 11:30 going through all but the first one and last three. Joe's wife Karen found the type of file they were and downloaded a program that helped her open the files up. What I expected was to see a collection of pictures that appeared in "Roostertail". While there were a number of those, we found an awful lot of gems. Some might just about drop the jaws of viewers. Everytime we loaded a knew disc Karen had to come into the room to show Joe how to open the next one, but after the 4th one....we got it.

Sam will probably go GA GA after he sees some of the motors, and there are some certain famous boat racing people in their youth that people will appreciate. (I had to look at a young skinny Steve Litzell with Ralph Donald a couple of times for Joe to convince me it was Steve). As the majority of the photos opened up Joe said "Wow!" We knew who a lot of the AmPro guys like Mike O'Brien, Walter Curtois, and other's were, but many didn't have names on the photos and a lot of faces looked familiar but we couldn't figure out who they were. An AmPro guy sitting next to Joe most assuredly would have been saying "Wow!" The same goes for the OPC pictures, although we knew Billy Seebold, Art Kennedy and some of them.

I decided not to clutter up BRF with a one time announcement thread, but to just bring it to viewer's attention here, because there are a great many photos of young Dieter Konig. Some are like a few just recently posted on here, but there are many that Joe and I have never seen before. There are also a few shots with Dieter Schultze. And some very good pictures of some Konigs from back in the 50's.

These are pictures that Joe has talked to Marshall and others about to see if we could get ahold of to scan. Thanks to Bill and Janet Hosler who got Claude's albums from his wife last year and took the long time to scan them, that BRF members will be able to see many photos for the first time. There is a lot of work involved in downloading and sizing each pic for jpeg so it can be posted and we decided that we would leave the discs at Joe's for Karen to do when she can. Joe's idea is to put Pro, AmPro, and OPC in separate files and we can post them to view and comment on in thread separate Claude Fox NOA Photos threads. Or maybe we'lll just do it in order of the discs. But after Karen gets going we may have other ideas. In the meantime, just know that some fantastic stuff is headed this way.