Thread: Konig History

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vb70116

Thanks to some fine people in Traverse City, MI I have completed the engine. I installed a new driveshaft and coupler. I energized the iginition yesterday and only get spark from the lower cylinders. I will check the wiring to be sure the coil is connected properly and will also check the plug wires for continuity. Does any one have the specs on the coils for this engine? If the wiring is correct the next place to look I assume is the coil.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Post Thanks / Like

David, the original bolt up was without the Bayer cavitation/adapter plate. The water should come up the rear strut and out the fitting on the strut to the motor.

The steering bar is a car tire jack style rod with a pin. I can give you the specs to have one made.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi David, the lower unit bolts directly up to the steel down tube, no need for the adapter. A small cavitation plate was then bolted to the last two holes in the unit. I will take a picture of one. I also think I have a extra Konig steering bar if you need one. Bob N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Allen J. Lang

Hi David- With Alan running Mod, are you going to run the Alky classes,LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vb70116

Hi Al
    Alan has trouble with keeping the water in the blue dyno imagine what this can do. The 66CI Bruce Johnson engine though will empty the dyno faster then any our other engines.
    David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cavitation Plate.

Bob and Sam
    I wondered why the bolts were to short. I have never seen a Konig up close before and had not idea. When I bought the engine the cooling hoses were connected to the back bracket.
    David
    Last edited by A/B Speedliner; 05-09-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not the Konig you are thinking of

Mora, Sweden is the location. This comes from Henry Johansson in Sweden. Maybe we can get him to give us a better version
    Last edited by Mark75H; 06-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Margrit König

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Mora, Sweden is the location. This comes from Henry Johansson in Sweden. Maybe we can get him to give us a better version
    This photo is not mine, I have stolen it from a friend. What I know, Margrit König raced in Mora only one year, 1959. She is a sister to Dieter and was only 17 years old at the time. Margrit won the first heat in class J and was seventh in class A with the same 175cc motor. In the next heat she turned over and got no more points. Totally she was fourth in class J (175cc) and tenth in class A (250cc). It was European Championships in class C Stock, Marcus Claesson, Sweden, Swift / König, won before two Mercs 30H. In the other classes it was only international races, no titles. Dieter Schulze, Austria, won class A and C and Kurt Mischke, Germany, won class J.
    Henry

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OA57 View Post
    This photo is not mine, I have stolen it from a friend. What I know, Margrit König raced in Mora only one year, 1959. She is a sister to Dieter and was only 17 years old at the time. Margrit won the first heat in class J and was seventh in class A with the same 175cc motor. In the next heat she turned over and got no more points. Totally she was fourth in class J (175cc) and tenth in class A (250cc). It was European Championships in class C Stock, Marcus Claesson, Sweden, Swift / König, won before two Mercs 30H. In the other classes it was only international races, no titles. Dieter Schulze, Austria, won class A and C and Kurt Mischke, Germany, won class J.
    Henry
    Allready 1956 it came up demands for silencers. To 1962 it was an UIM-rule for maximum 105 db what I remember. König made an ugly can under the cylinder of the 250cc motor. Thanks to Dieter he turned the cylinders forward and made some nice UIM-approved megaphones.
    Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally, Photo's of 1969 FA

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I've been racking my brain to remember such an FA. I had forgotten about the sliding throttle, but I remember them. We only used levers in front of the throttle. I can only remember the fixed pipe FA's with carbs on opposite sides like your Dad's David. The first sliding pipe FA's I recall were with the single pipe on the converging elbows. I am sure I've seen the ones like you and Jerry have, but I am going to have to clear more cobwebs away.

What was the hookup like that allowed synchronized sliding. Also, I didn't see any rings on a bracket, but it kind of looks like maybe a bar underneath the one pipe that some sort of collar or hollow cylinder welded on the pipe slid on. It that correct....or how was it set up.
    Here you go Wayne.

Thread Information