Thread: Konig History

Post Thanks / Like

The book is available (when I return it) from the King County (WA) Library System, and has an entire chapter on Konig racing motorcycles and sidecars. This also makes reference to use of Konig engines in "midget" racecars. Whether this actually refers to karts, where a few racers adapted Konig and Anzani engines, or really to midgets I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guy's it took some time but now i can give you an report on my website about the story of the König-BMW K500/1.
    I hope it willfind your interest.Just look here "http://www.krage-tuning.de/bmw-koenig-en.html"

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peer Krage View Post
    Hey Guy's it took some time but now i can give you an report on my website about the story of the König-BMW K500/1.
    I hope it willfind your interest.Just look here "http://www.krage-tuning.de/bmw-koenig-en.html"
    Peer, You should be very proud of this work on the Konig bike, It is a tribute to Hans and Dieter that you do this. I hope you and family are well and hope to see you soon, Steve

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have waited for a long time for this one for my collection. I finally acquired a 6 cylinder motor. I have been in contact with Uli Collaz and Uli Rochelle about this motor. Seems that there were maybe 5 of these made, all were made for the 850 class. The six that Hans Krage ran was a special made motor with 4 cylinders @ 66 mm and 2 cylinders @ 64 mm making 1000 cc's for OF class. The one I have was originally purchased by OMC for a study. It is in great shape and I'm very proud to have it in my collection with other Konig's from various time periods. I cannot wait to start on this to make like new again, It is believed to be the only one left as others were turned into beer money. Steve

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it have a serial number Steve. And if so is it a special one, or like a regular number?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Does it have a serial number Steve. And if so is it a special one, or like a regular number?
    It just has a four digit number on the case halves, It is not like all the V series motors with the class displacement and year model. Steve

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I figured. A special number for Dieter to know.

Post Thanks / Like

So what's up Steve? No pictures??? What gives???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    So what's up Steve? No pictures??? What gives???
    Pictures are coming, getting stuff ready for races now, will get some shots of it next to the 8 cylinder as well. Can't wait to start on them to get them show worthy. Steve

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this thread and it brought back some nostalgia from the early 60's.
    I used to smuggle parts from Dieter for W.S.Holland, who tonked drums for Johnny Cash,in those days you had to run the Russian controlled corridor and the searches by the border guards.
    Dieter and GEORGE KRAAGE used to run in the European E Class with a 65hp twin, George would run a v bottom and Dieter a hydro. Remember when George sank the rig in Malaga in '68, Dieter made him dive for it , dry it out, race in the last heat.
    It was an offshore course and it was rougher than a witches tit, I got beat into second spot by a guy that weighed in at 220 pounds.
    Dieter always wanted to be first round in the Berlin 6 hours, usually held on the Wannasee
    I got to know Kim Newcome and his girlfriend pretty well, Paddy Rolfe introduced us.
    Sorry to poke my nose in, but it is an interesting site and Dieter was always a main player in outboard history.

Thread Information