Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chris Chamberlain's Wetback

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris Chamberlain's Wetback

Chris e-mailed me about a boat he was building. I told him to come to Long Beach to the races August 2-3, 2008. While I was at the races I borrowed Loud and Prouds gas powered golf cart to test drive...I managed to get up to the officials stand, and when I was turning around Paul Gritchar said he needed a ride...When he didn't get on, I asked him why??? He said, "You'll never back this thing up." I said, "Get your *** in and watch me..."

Well, I backed it up OK, and almost ran over this guy walking...

(Wasn't that close, the guy said he was going to hitch a ride with me.....).. Anyway, I tell this guy, get on and off we go...The guy asks, Gritch, "Hey do you know Ron Hill?" Gritch says, "What do you want him for?" He say, "Ron told me he'd get me in free and I need to find him..." I turn and tell him I'm Ron Hill......This guy ain't sure.

Anyway, this guy, Chris Chamberlain, hangs with Hill Racing and we talk about his boat...

Well, yesterday he brings his boat by. A Hal Kelly, Wetback (Which I'm sure is not a politically correct name...by Clark Craft. Chris his done a great job. He's made a steering bar, a shifter, and a throttle hook up....

It ain't going to go 80 MPH, but I will help him with a prop.....

The Wentz, Bowdens, Stokers, Hills, Boyes, Jimbo McConnell....to name a few started with a small boat.......

Chris has a cool windshield that he didn't have on it...but maybe he'll post more pictures...

This Yamaha says 28, but I think it is either a 25 or 30. Anyone know for sure?

Welcome to BRF, Chris, I see you are our newest member...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-23-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Thread Information