Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posting Pictures

oldalkydriver

Default Posting Pictures

I see other people don't seem to have a problem posting pictures. No matter what I try, the picture is TOO large! I just cropped a picture from the early fifties. Before it was 512kb. Limit was 244.1kb. Reduced pic to 209kb. Try to post it now says that the limit is 19kb. Just like boat racing, "Can't WIN!"

Post Thanks / Like

Send it to me and I'll give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked the settings. Only bmp's, jpe, png and psd files had a 19k size limit. The bmp size should have been set larger. I think most web browsers will open bmp's and jpe's, but I'm not sure any will open png's or psd's.

I have increased the bmp file size allowed to 250k

JPG's and JPEG's are and have been allowed up to 250k, 1300 X 1300 pixels

If anyone has trouble getting their images sized they can always email them to me to resize or post.

As things are set now we are allowing much larger images than screamandfly and hydroracer. Allowing bigger images will compromise our abiltiy to backup the whole database.

Email oversized or problem images to me at Mark75H@aol.com
    Last edited by Mark75H; 03-26-2005 at 12:04 PM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here you go Michael.........

In Jpeg format, they work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

oldalkydriver

Default Posting Pictures

Many Thanks Jeff!

The top picture was taken at Long Beach, California around 1953 or 54. 'C' Racing Hydro. Top wake was believed to be Dave Redden out of San Diego. First alky start as Dave used to run 'C' Stock Hydro. Guess he didn't realize the speed and acceleration compared to stock, causing a way EARLY start. Not to be out done, C-6, Russ Hill Jr. wasn't going to let him get away with it! Legal starters in picture are C-252, Bob Jackson Jr., C-45, Tommy Ingalls, a perennial winner in Southern California in the early '50's; C-134, Leonard Gates, C-294, Henry Wagner.

The bottom picture was also at Long Beach (As that was where a majority of our races were held). Start of 'F' Racing Runabouts. C-146, Ellis Estabrook, C-208, Doc Simms (One of Curly Owens first builds), D 98 C, unknown step-up, hidden boat is another Curly Owens built, C-174, John Toprahanian (Jackson & Toprahanian built) C-54, Walt Gillo (I believe this was the first boat of its kind in California, before adding cloth decking) C-210, Curly Owens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey!!

D-98-C looks like Everett Baggs from Dana Point, ...check that, Everett was 308-C, maybe Kenny Wilson...No, I've got it, Jack Lowheed, from Santa Ana, I remember the race now!!........but move these pictures to Outboard History...once you get the hang of posting pictures...

Junior Hill jumping the gun???
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-26-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I moved the whole thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there are a lot of people having trouble uploading pictures and a help thread using the sticky feature somewhere would probably be a good idea. I don't know where the best place to keep a sticky thread on forum/picture help would be. One place is the other topics forum .... I know we are sort of full of forums, but picture help will always be important. How about its own forum in "Other Topics" ... something like "Help adding pictures to your post" ?

As such it always stays on top to be seen without being an anoying sticky forever somewhere else. Hopefully it would be seen by people even before they signed up and they would know exactly where to look and ask for help if they needed it. Just a suggestion -Sam

Post Thanks / Like

A good suggestion too..........Not that I mind helping you all out when you need it.
    Sam, Ron and I are just a click away.

Here's a little explaination from the FAQ's section on the nav. bar:

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov pdf png psd rm rtf txt wav wmv zip.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .

Post Thanks / Like

For newcomers here is a primer:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information