Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Posting Pictures

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like 900 pixels wide is the ticket. Any ieas about the two men standing with Johnny T.

oldalkydriver

Talking Posting Pictures

The two men with John T are; my dad, Bob Jackson Jr. (middle) and Lenoard Collins (Collie) the deck rider. Collie was from Watsonville, California. He passed many years before John, my dad passed in November 2003. One day short of six months after my moms death.

This picture was taken in Balboa Park around Sixth and Juniper Streets, in what is left of San Diego.

Would love it if you could email me a jpeg or whatever format you choose.

Thanks...Mike

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default C-31 accident "F" runabouts

I've been following the interesting posts on "F" racing boats in So Calif. by Michael and now Chuck Marvick.Then Ron says he may have film of the George May accident with Bob Marvick's boat in AZ. in the earlier 60's. Sometimes when I was not racing my Stock Outboard my good senses would leave me and I would ride deck on the "F"'s with George or other drivers against Michael's dad. I was riding deck of John T.'s boat that day when we collided with C-31. I must say I had a very good view of what happened. As for what happened, people may think George was at fault because people he drove a little on the wild side, but in my opinion he was not. As a little momento of that afternoon I took home a piece of both boats. To this day in my garage I have a piece of the side of C-31. The piece I have has... C- plus part of the number 3 on it. George May is well and living in San Diego CA and I'm up the coast towards LA.. We stay in touch and of course he still says all bad starts, flips, etc.were my fault. It was a lot of fun, thanks for bring back those memories. I do have a few other "F" runabout stories.
    Ole "A" Runabout

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "F" runabout accident

Whoops...made a mistake in my recent post regarding the collision between Marvick's C-31 and George May driving John T's "F". I wrote that Ron had film when I should have said Chuck Marvick had this film. Sorry.
    Ole "A" Runabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny..

Last week I was talking to Jimbo, I told him I had talked to Chuck Marvick on the way to Needles...

We started talking about the accident at Havasu Springs...It was that Jimbo told me he was riding with Bob Marvick at the time and that loyd Osmondson (Ole "A" Runabout) had been with George... All these years, about 44 to be close to exact, I never knew those facts. I remember in my mind's eye the accident, one that I NEVER blamed anyone...

Seems that George was making a run for the start, Marvick was early and slow, when Marvick got on the power he broached left, right into George's path. Seemed, George tried hard to turn right to miss Marvick's slower moving boat and they came together...

Jimbo started riding for George after this....Sometime Ted may would ride...They called them the may Boys, but were not related...Jimbo did say it was wierd getting in his own boat right after Bob was paralized....Jimbo was unhurt...

Thread Information