Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Navy vessels on the Mississippi & Ohio Rivers

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the warning

If our (wrong) right wingers are so tame compared to yours , it is your DUTY to keep yours north of the border. But, i can feel some sympathy for you . The problem is that ours want to turn the U.S. into "Mexico north". Where about 3% of the people control 97% of the wealth. And, NO real middle class.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Up here its called the 4th Reich! (the R stands for ultra-rich)

Roy:

That is about the situation here where 5% control the other 95% no one likes to admit to but in actuality where the family type and professions "compacts" have had an unbroken opportunity to strengthen their networks and right wing rule for the previous 300 years unbroken by such a thing as your civil war it took to forge the USA as a nation. We or better still they the compacts would have none of that here!! Your Americans first and foremost there where here everyone by government policy here is a hyphenated some one else from some where else so they not so jokingly refer to me as an Amero-Kannuck of which I am actually proud of though I wish they would get their act together here and just term themselves as you do there as Americans would just be plain Canadians here. We still have an identity crisis here! LOL!

Did you hear about the radio talk show up here recently? They asked the radio listening phone in crowd what you as a Canadian would do if the USA offered you a green card? Over 75% said they would move to the USA so fast the dust would not have a chance to settle by the time they were gone! LOL!

Most Canadians are worried about the socalled and getting much more talked about than ever before, North American Union and most paradoxically here oppose it yet this country is by known quantity a branch plant economy of the USA. Our economies are so well merged and integrated both sides might be shocked at just how interdependent we really are and both sides actually dependent on just that. That is why Obama is visiting here first! He wants to see how the ``hypenated`` live!! Still with all this you have to sense of humor as that is something no one can control!

If you want to hear more about this sort of stuff and a lot of other interesting topics go to the website or listen to ``coasttocoastamradio.com``- Coast to Coast AM Radio (after midnite central time) with George Norry, Art Bell etc. out of St. Louis, Mo, USA. It is heard around the world and gives listeners insights into their own countries and topics with them they may never have heard of before.

Duty Accepted!

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hyphenated

Now that you mention it , one of my pet peeves is "french-American or Danish American, or Afro- American, etc. I am An american ! If pressed I'd say I'm an American- English ! NOT English American !Our homeland , or Your homeland should come FIRST , not second . If someone's country of origin is MORE important than the country he's living in , GO back there .

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default My sentiments completely!

Roy: Those are my sentiments completely. My sentiments grate on local politicians nerves around here on this hyphenated crap to the point where some government vigilante appointee ingrates have made the suggestion very recently that I go back to the USA where I came from! LOL! I refuse to hyphenate anyone's racial origins in meeting, dealing with them or talking about them. That here is a sin and not politically correct if you could believe! Fancey that? My father who killed or incapacitated facists in WWII until he was POW'd and then after 1945 as a military police officer on base in Nuremberg took fervent Nazis to court then to the gallows or to prison afterward to keep the world free of those types whose decendents are now into this extreme right wing political correctness here. Moving here to Canada afterwards he at times wondered out loud with the renewed right wing racism going on here if right wing fascism had simply just changed sides of the Atlantic! Toward his later years he sure was disgusted with this hyphenated garabage ever more so because he saw himself as simply a Canadian opposing the government that got into this multi-cultural mosiac crap that led to this hyphenation. Time to do away with this hyphenation crap because all it does is divide and nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fbref5269 View Post
    bruce,

what was the navy afraid of in the 50's an invasion from canada?

have a happy new year!

frank
    from my studying recent history. There were many pentagon types that felt the ruskies wanted to slip subs in to the great lakes during the cold war. That could be just a rumor. but... the logic being that we were looking for inbound missiles from points abroad. Not looking for anything coming from within the continent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    Now that you mention it , one of my pet peeves is "french-American or Danish American, or Afro- American, etc. I am An american ! If pressed I'd say I'm an American- English ! NOT English American !Our homeland , or Your homeland should come FIRST , not second . If someone's country of origin is MORE important than the country he's living in , GO back there .
    You got that right Roy!
    I am sick and tired of all the hyphenation. I agree it only divides people.
    I am an American! of German descent if necessary. I am not a German-American

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More about SPAM

Just happened to see a piece on the NBC network news this evening that the Hormel Co., the manufacturer of SPAM, is doing just great economically, no matter the hard times that seem to have hit the rest of the United States.. A Hormel spokesperson was quoted, while standing along side a production line that showed the last "contents" being injected into the container before the lid was fastened on, that they were running full speed, 24/7, turning out approximately 400 cans of spam per minute. Various folks were also being interviewed about their eating and enjoying SPAM, including the new POTUS, shown purchasing a SPAM sandwich from a concession stand at some event he recently attended. I noticed his sandwich seemed to contain lettuce and tomato, but no mayonaise, which really looks a lot like that "stuff" in the can along with the SPAM, and which I really don't like the looks of. I would hope we would not hear that Hormel has received any "stimulus" funds, as based on this news report, it would seem the company does not need them.

I am happy to learn that there are still companies doing well economically in these hard times, and was ALMOST persuaded to give some SPAM a try soon, so as to do my part for the economy. The thing that spoiled that thought forever though, was I SAW WHAT THEY WERE SQUIRTING IN THE CAN RIGHT BEFORE SEALING THE LID ON. It was that awful "stuff" again, that is found in the can along with the SPAM. and it really ruined any thought I may have had of making a small contribution to the economic recovery that we are being told is so neccessary at this time. Just goes to show that the news media really don't want any "good news" these days. I think I'll just get some more of the salty dried beef the next time I shop. At least it doesn't have that ^#$%* "stuff" in the jar.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "spam"

Wot ? you don't like gelatin and fat ? the Hawaians love it !

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid, my Dad would slice SPAM about 1/4 inch thick and fry it before making a sandwich with mustard. We also ate it sliced on a sandwich right out of the can. I like it. And when I fuel up at the "Last Chance" gas stop at Encinal before heading to the "soon-to-be...no-man's land" 50 miles northeast of Laredo, I get SPAM, tuna (but not Star Kist), sardines, crackers, cheese, hulled sunflower seeds, big scoop Frito's, grape juice, apple juice, peanut M&M's, and lots of water. You're on your own, and in the summer, ice doesn't last long. So SPAM is one of the unrefrigerated foods you can count on to get you through the next 24 to 36 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Bill

[QUOTE=Bill Van Steenwyk;67801]
    The thing that spoiled that thought forever though, was I SAW WHAT THEY WERE SQUIRTING IN THE CAN RIGHT BEFORE SEALING THE LID ON. It was that awful "stuff" again, that is found in the can along with the SPAM. and it really ruined any thought I may have had of making a small contribution to the economic recovery that we are being told is so neccessary at this time. QUOTE]

Do you remeber the old saying "parts is parts"??? Your discussion reminds me of the CBS 60 Minutes piece on the Perdue Chicken Franks. By the time you got from input thru processing to finished product you would never, ever eat another "frank".

Thread Information