Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for an old post (this forum?)- old pics of Miami Orange Bowl Regata - 65/67?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for an old post (this forum?)- old pics of Miami Orange Bowl Regata - 65/67?

Had many neat old Race Boat pics -

one i'm particularly looking for is of Astronaut Gordon Coopers redish/pink metalflake boat (Rayson i believe) - I think it was 1965 or 66 (more likely 65)

as i find 1967 entry list and he's listed in a mandella with a chevy ?:

(98 "Rojo Grande" TX Gordon Cooper-Red Adair Mandella-497 Chevrolet Paul "Red" Adair ).

BUT boat i'm looking for in group of photos I'm looking for, I could swear was a Raysoncraft ( Ford wedge with webers for sure) - and it was in a group of pics someone posted from (a) Orange Bowl Regatta from 65-67.

so either This 67 program is wrong on the motor/hull - i'm wrong on the year - or it wasn't the boat G. Cooper drove (but from the name "Rojo Grande - seems right, just as far as the color. Rojo = RED, i remember the boat i'm looking for in pic you could not see a name).

All pics were Boats on land or Dock , or just leaving Doc .

also 67 seems right as I remember pics also of Jimmy Gaskins on Dock working on a boat , "Raw Hide" - white/wood deck mandella , "Lil' Honker - Dark Blue Galstron . and these guys/boats are listed in 67 program entry list (although all these same guys were probably there for 65 & 66 also).

I think it was 67 and the program was wrong on motor/hull. or again it was not the G .Cooper Boat

ANYWAY - it was posted on one of the boat forums & I thought here ?

But does not seem to come up in a search.

I copied the pics - but can't find my hard copies right now and my last computer with them filed is currently stored in a Virused/locked up state.

need to view pic for current research project.

THX

Please send me a PM - if you have or know where to locate

Post Thanks / Like

The best way is to use the forum search function. I tried a few possibilities, but did not come up with exactly what you are looking for.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orange Bowl

Chuck - I posted this program from 1968 a few years back (see link below). Maybe it will help you with what your looking for. Good Luck.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...e+bowl+regatta
    TOM L.

Thread Information