Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

Post Thanks / Like

Lars,

Not off topic at all. This thread was started by Paul Christner of Quincy Welding.

The pictures were taken at Twin Oaks Club situated in a bay off the main river (Mississippi) channel. It's only 4 miles from my house.

Twin Oaks is well protected from the wind, pleasure boat and towboat wakes.

Hours and hours of "on the boat testing" were done here in the development of the Quincy Looper engines.

As you well know, not everything that shows positive on the dyno equates to better performance. We probably tested at Twin Oaks at least once a week during the summer months. Less often in the spring and fall.

Duck hunters didn't like us testing in November and the bay is usually iced over from late December to early March.

I have such fond memories of Twin Oaks that I've asked my family to scatter my ashes there after I'm gone. My wife isn't too cool with that, but I've eaten so many fish in my life they should have a right to get even.

Next time you come to Quincy, give me a call. I'd like to meet you.

I'll make you the same offer I made Wayne. A carp lunch at one of the bars along the riverfront and a cold Bud-Lite.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to make it a threesome!

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OK..more from Quincy Illinois this summer..2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Post Thanks / Like

OK..more from Quincy Illinois this summer..2010.
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Suter/ AOMCI Meet

First off, I'd like to thanks Lars Strom for posting the photos of Quincy Bay and Twin Oaks. They bring back fond memories of many years of my time on that part of the bay of the Mississippi River. When I was young, I had an old Glass Magic boat with a 6 hp Mercury on it. Gene East remembers it, I'm sure, as he helped me dig the boat out of a pile of boats down in the Quincy Welding warehouse and clean it up so I could run it.

I rented a boat dock in Quincy bay for 50 cents a month, which is approximately 3 miles south of where your photos were taken. My friends and I would gather up a dollar to buy premix for 22 cents a gallon, then take the leftover money to buy 5 cent bags of potato chips and Pepsi's for a dime after we'd driven my boat up from the dock at Quincy bay to Twin Oaks Boat Club.

I also spent many hours testing race boats on the Quincy bay for Quincy Welding and our customers. All kinds of race boats and motors.

We're in the process of loading photos from the huge Mark Suter/ AOMCI antique outboard meet held in MI in November. So far we've loaded about 70 photos, with another 30 or so to go. Mark has an extensive collection of not only antique outboards, he also has many rare racing motors such as the the 8 cylinder Konig engine (which he now has mounted on the original boat the motor was run on).

We've also added quite a few more old newspaper articles and other old racing items to the memorabilia section of the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site.

Here are a couple of photos just added.

Regards,
    Paul

Please note: The photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember that boat. Even with a 6 HP motor it was over powered. I'm surprised your Dad ever let you have it.

It was what we commonly called small boats in these parts "A boy drowner".

You must have been smart enough not to take it into the main river channel since you're still with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    First off, I'd like to thanks Lars Strom for posting the photos of Quincy Bay and Twin Oaks. .[/I]
    Well..I enjoy doing so..
    Been to Quincy many times to visit my friend Ed Williams.
    He lives and runs his business there.

His youngest daughter Megan W. is a Cheerleader for Rams..check her out!!
    ..click on the little arrow after the commercial..

http://prod.www.rams.clubs.nfl.com/m...3-41a56eba45fc
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Post Thanks / Like

She's very pretty.but then:
    All the girls in Quincy are pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looper Water injection nozzle

Question for Gene East. Paul told me you might be able to provide a source for the water injection nozzles that were used in the Looper pipes. I am restoring an engine and one is missing.

Thanks
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Alan, but I truly don't remember the nozzles Paul was talking about. We talked on the phone earlier this evening. He said you would be asking that question.
    I wish I could help you!

Thread Information