Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not have any connection to the Quincy nozzles, but I will tell you what Walt Blankenstein took to West Berlin to test on an A Konig. I don't know where Walt came up with his paraphernalia, or even if it was based on someone that gave him information on the Quincy injection system. We all knew about the Quincy water injection, and that it was working very well with the open pipes. Walt brought an electric windshield wiper motor and a nozzle or two to Dieter's factory and Dieter installed a nozzle at the point where the manifold came together. Don't remember if Walt brought hoses, but I think he only brought the pump and nozzles.

It was amazing to see how the power jumped under a load when Dieter injected the water, but the effect was short lived. Water injected into a motor with expansion chambers under a load would bring a huge increase in power for a short time, but horsepower dropped off quickly if the water wasn't shut off. Been a long time ago, and Dieter's test were on a dyno with a 250cc Konig with a single expansion chamber. No attempt to move the pipe. Don't know whether Dieter did any further testing or not. The nozzle Walt brought I am pretty sure was one made for a windshield washer pump.

Steve Litzell would be the one that could point you in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Nozzel

Paul came up with the patent number which is 3104829 issued to Spraying System Co. I found I have one nozzle in a Waldman B Looper and the model is GD2. I have E mailed the company to see if they are available. If anyone wants them I will order a number of them if they are still available.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have any of the elbows that accept the water injection. Not sure I would want to mess with it anyway personally. It's nice if you're able to source them though.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    Paul came up with the patent number which is 3104829 issued to Spraying System Co. I found I have one nozzle in a Waldman B Looper and the model is GD2. I have E mailed the company to see if they are available. If anyone wants them I will order a number of them if they are still available.
    Alan
    Contact Mike Schmidt teammsr@comcast.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John
    I will give it a try.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looper fuel

I would like to run a couple of my Loopers and was wondering if anyone has tried to run one with E-85 pump gas and TCW-III oil mixed at 10 to 1 ratio. Seems like it would be an easy way to fuel an engine for a test.

Alan

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    I would like to run a couple of my Loopers and was wondering if anyone has tried to run one with E-85 pump gas and TCW-III oil mixed at 10 to 1 ratio. Seems like it would be an easy way to fuel an engine for a test.

Alan
    Not sure that I remember the numbers but believe you have to change the head to do so.Ask Dick O'Dea RKORACE1@aol.com

Thread Information