Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. Finally got back to loading more photos and items to the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site and wanted to share what's new with the Quincy site fans.

First off, one of my engine collecting friends scored a monumental engine -- the 1st Rossi 3 cylinder B prototype engine. It was Rossi's personal motor that he brought to Cypress Gardens to race in 1997. He won the World Championship at Cypress Gardens and also the European World Championship with that engine. You can see the engine and read all about it's history under the "Collections" section, Mark Suter page #2 (http://www.QuincyLooperRacing.us/subpage40.html).

We've also added more photos to the Wayne Baldwin biography in the Racing Legends section (thanks Wayne!) from his 1966 season. Photos include his new DeSilva and brand new Konig engines (both A and B) (http://www.QuincyLooperRacing.us/subpage42.html).

we've also put up some photos on Dickie Pond from Karen Cadle (thanks Karen)(http://www.QuincyLooperRacing.us/subpage31.html).

To finish out the most recent additions, we've added the Mike Krier championship winning Yamato 250 and 350 engines to the Mark Suter collection page #2. Mike was kind enough to hand write pages on each engine for Mark and Mark shared those with all of us. Mike Krier did some significant development work in the progress of the 350 Yamato.

Please enjoy all of the additions!

Thanks,

Paul A Christner
    Last edited by Mark75H; 08-28-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st Rossi

I was there at Cypress Gardens World Championships. No one expected what we we about to see. This was the first time Roosi had run his new engine here. He didn't just win, he crushed the competition. He lapped all but one or two other boats. He won by so large a margin that they had his boat out of the water and he was taking off his a safety gear when the next boat made it in.

All the other drivers and teams came running into his pit area, hollering in about six different languages to see what this thing was that beat them so badly. Fortunately he asked them all to speak in English as the most common language. He calmly explained that he and his two partners built the engine for themselves. Immediately everyone started asking if he would build them one. He said "Sure, why not?" How much? ~16,000 lira. He got orders on the spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Great photo's! Their are a couple of familiar helpers in the Rossi photo's...

J-Dub

Post Thanks / Like

Added links to Paul's original post
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's new

Attention: 76 photos from the November 2008 AOMCI meet at Lake
    Shipp, FL are now up at the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site. Just click on the 'Collections' button at the top of the page, then scroll down to the 2008 AOMCI Lake Shipp meet link. If you attended and want copies of any of the photos, you can contact me via my email address at QuincyWelding@aol.com. Please enjoy the photos and thanks to all the boating enthusiasts who contributed.

There's also almost 40 new photos from the Mark Suter fall 2008 AOMCI meet at his place in Michigan. You can also find the link to this page under the 'Collections' tab. A special thanks to Mark's daughters for taking such wonderfully detailed pictures and to Mark & Elaine for forwarding them to us.

Hey Karen - thanks for the wonderful thoughts. For sure, later, PM you when.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

ps: The photos on the QuincyLooperRacing.us web site are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site or publication without my written permission.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Everytime I see so many engines in one place I cringe! It all needs a weather.......

Everytime I see huge collections like that in one place I cringe! There are hurricanes, flloods and torandos so any thoughts given to housing the stuff in some kind of weather proof bunkers built high and dry into the side of some hill an atomic blast could not level? All it takes is one good hurricane or tornado and people would be looking and finding engines in orange groves etc. for years afterward.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a sample of what's new on the Quincy site.

Paul A Christner

ps: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

We just added Tom Berry to the Racing Legends page at the QuincyLooperRacing.US web site. Tom sent us some really nice racing photos from the 1970's for his page. Although there were boat racers that had longer racing careers than Tom, his has always been memorable to me as one of the most high spirited that I can recall.

John Schubert also sent us some new additions for his Collections page, including photos of his restored Sid-Craft hydro and a Mark 75H clone. John's restorations are not only truly authentic, they are also first class.

Thanks guys for the contributions.

Keep watching as we have a couple of other new race legends going up soon and some more collections & racing photos.

My wife and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and for those of you that have other beliefs, we wish you all a merry politically correct holiday. In closing, the special holiday treat photos here are of Dick Ollhoff's latest assembly of a "brand new" Quincy Looper C 500 cc Alky made up of all NOS, original parts. Isn't it beautiful? I wouldn't mind if Santa put one of those in my stocking this year.

Merry Christmas,

Paul A Christner
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Merry Christmas....

.....to you and Diane, Paul. I'm glad you got Tom and John's stuff in the Quincy collection. Dick Ollhoff's motors are a great tribute. I think you will be getting some additional historical photos coming up in 2009. (I know of some already). And I look forward to the additional race legends that will be added to your wonderful site.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Merry Christmas to all

paul and dane,

wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you for the looper website so we can post our loopers and z's. the site is a great place to post and view truely remarkable engines that were ahead of their times.

to all those who view the looper postings, wishing you a very Mery Christmas and a Happy New Year! i will be posting more in 2009.

frank novotny
    collector of old things that were new when i raced
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-30-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information