Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year to everyone here at BRF!

Santa brought us a very nice present this year - Tom Berry, who raced (very successfully) in the 1960's and 1970's, sent us a CD full of old racing photos from his personal album. There's well over 200 photos for us to post to the QuincyLooperRacing.US web site.

We just added 25 photos today from 1969/Creve Cour, 1970/Riverfront Park, 1971 Swope Park plus a few more including the 3 you see below.

In the future, as time permits, we will add as many of the photos as we can to the Looper site.

You can see the rest of the pictures at:
    www.QuincyLooperRacing.us

Click on the link for Racing Legends, then on Tom Berry.

Enjoy!!

Paul A. Christner

Please note: The photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without the author's permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If anyone has not visited the Quincy site yet.....

....you are missing out on some great history and some fantastic restorations. You can spend hours not only reading the history and seeing some great photos, but there are a lot of historical records to be looked at. Thanks for the work you and Diane are putting in Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy "L" ring samples

I have started to inventory the piston rings I bought from Harry Brinkman and there is a ton of them. My guess is more than 5000 right now. An intresting package I found today had a set of sample "C" looper "L" rings that range from .010 to .060 oversize. The note on the package said they were from Quincy Welding to Jack Kugler to Harry. I also found all the tooling to make the "L" rings. Some day I might restart the making of these rings if people are intrested in that I have lots of blanks.

Alan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

We've been loading lots of photos over at the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site - photos include contributions by Alan Ishii for his Race Legends page, photos of races from the 1960's and 1970's from Wayne Baldwin posted under the Races tab (Random Race Photos), there are new outboard collections from Bob Rusnak (great Looper photos) and Joe Garrick and last but not least, pictures by Bob Dunlap from the February 2009 AOMCI meet at Tiger Lake, FL.

The photo here is from Bob Rusnak. He's running a Quincy B Looper.

Thanks to Bob R, Alan, Wayne, Bob D and everyone that's sent us photos lately to add to our online history book of outboard racing. Keep them coming!

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

For those fans of the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site, we've added some "new" old photos from Pete Nydahl and Wayne Baldwin. Wayne sent us what may be the last letter written by Jerry Waldman to the outboard racing community, just before the Arkansas race event where he lost his life.

We're also working on a large project. A while back Tom Berry sent us a CD full of racing photos of 1969 thru 1976 from his personal photo album. Many have faded over time and we have been working to restore as many as possible to post to the Quincy Looper site. We plan to start posting them this upcoming week (work schedule permitting).

Here's a few from the Tom Berry collection you'll be seeing soon on the Quincy site. One guy sure looks familiar.......

Thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We've added lots of old, historic newspaper articles at the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site under Memorabilia - page 10. The photo below is from a St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper article about Billy Seebold from 1966. Billy's engine in the picture is a championship winning Quincy D Looper.

We've also posted quite a few other new "old" photos from Artie Neadeck's personal racing photo album at Artie's page under the Collections tab. Artie has a nice collection of restored, vintage race boats & a very sweet Quincy C Looper.

More photos coming soon from the Tom Berry racing photo album.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: This photo is for your enjoyment and is not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We were busy today, adding 56 more photos over at
    www.QuincyLooperRacing.us under the "Racing Legends" section. All of the pictures are from Tom Berry's personal photo album of his racing career. The latest group of photos are from 1975 and 1976 races -- Huntsville, AL -- Ft. Worth, TX -- Wynona, MN -- Lakeland, FL -- San Antonio, TX.

The photos include people such as Wayne Baldwin and his dad, Paul Bogosian, Rex Hall, Bill Van Steenwyk, Tim Chance, Stan & Butch Leavendusky and Wayne Walgrave running his championship winning 6 cyl Looper (see below).

We still have at least 50 more photos to put up from Tom's collection, so stay tuned!

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Please note: The photo below is for your personal enjoyment and is not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Karen...nobody can remember everything, but sometimes something someone (three somes in a row....kind of weird that it works.) says will jog a memory. No two people remember everything alike and Joe and I are always feeding off each other when we try to remember a time, place, driver, etc. A little thing so simple as trying to find a shear pin in the mud just flooded back into my memory. Thanks. Often it's just all the little things that brings back fond memories of days gone past.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos from Depue & Constantine Races

Hi Everyone,

We've just loaded over 100 photos from the 2009 races at Constantine and DePue (National Championships) at the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site under the EVENTS tab.

We owe a big thanks to Dale Hoffert for sending us his fantastic photos for posting. Dale is a long time race fan that grew up in DePue, IL, and is an appreciated contributor to the boat racing sport.

Dale is in the process of sending us his spring 2009 DePue race photos and we will try to get those added this weekend, time permitting.

Here's a small sample of Dale's photos we've posted.

Enjoy,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue - May - 2009

Hi Everyone,

We've just loaded 25 photos from the 2009 spring race at DePue on the www.QuincyLooperRacing.us web site under the EVENTS tab.

We owe a big thanks to Dale Hoffert for sending us his racing photos for posting. He also included some nice pit shots as well. Dale is a long time race fan that grew up in DePue, IL, and is an appreciated contributor to the boat racing sport.

Here's a small sample of Dale's photos we just posted.

Enjoy,

Paul A. Christner

Thread Information