Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's New at QuincyLooperRacing.us

RogerH

Default Website Update Request Roger Hinsdale Collection

Hello Paul,
    I received a request from Tim Kurcz to correct a typo I did when entering my Collection information on your website. I credited my 444 (44 cu.in. 4-carb) motor to "Lee" Kurcz and that should have read TIM Kurcz.
    We do have 444 #2 running but won't be able to complete it's tuning until Spring due to travel etc...
    Please make the name correction at your convenience.
    Regards,
    Roger Hinsdale (TN)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Suter recently hosted an Antique Outboard meet at his place in Michigan and Mark sent us almost 50 photos, which we've posted under the Collections tab at www.QuincyLooperRacing.us for everyone to view. You'll see the link on the Collections page under 2009 - AOMCI & Suter.

For those of you that don't know, Mark has an extensive collection of antique outboard racing engines as well as antique pleasure engines. Many of Mark's personal collection can be seen at the link by his name when you go to the Collections page on the Quincy site.

Enjoy!

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos from the AOMCI meet at Lake Shipp

We attended the Antique Outboard Motor Club meet at Lake Shipp, FL, yesterday and took 50 photos. Lots of great outboard collections and, since this was a wet meet, some of the boats took to the water and put on quite a show.

Here's a sample of the photos from this event. To see the rest, please go to www.QuincyLooperRacing.us and click on the 'Collections' button. You'll see the 2009 Lake Shipp link at the bottom of the Collections page.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

ps: Please note - these photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to posted to other web sites without my written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's new at the Quincy site.

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that are interested, we now have 50 photos from the Tavares, FL boat show loaded to the Tavares 2010 page under Collections at the Quincy Looper web site, www.QuincyLooperRacing.us .

Also under collections, we've added several new additions to the Bob Dunlap collection and under a FL Collection. Under the FL collection, there's a rare motor the owner calls a YamaRude. Check it out.

A good friend emailed us photos taken at the 1980 Pro Nationals. We hope to get those up very soon.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yama-rude...........

I seem to remember seeing an engine like this run at DePue some time back. 460 crank and case with Yamaha Cylinders. And from what I remember, it was pretty strong. Thanks Paul for maintaining such a great site. It is where I go to relive the 'good old days'.
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yamarude

Quote Originally Posted by F-12 View Post
    I seem to remember seeing an engine like this run at DePue some time back. 460 crank and case with Yamaha Cylinders. And from what I remember, it was pretty strong. Thanks Paul for maintaining such a great site. It is where I go to relive the 'good old days'.
    Charley

John Toprahanian made the Yamarude's. About 1970 he needed a deck rider at De Pue so I volunteered. Jay Root was the driver. What a ride! Side by side and on the deck in the turns. I think we finished 5th.

Paul

I agree with Charley about the Quincy web. site. Keep up the good work, its always interesting. I have a couple of pics. of the Yamarude I could send you to post. I don't know how to post pics.

Bruce

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bruce and Charlie for the nice comments. To say that I love engines, especially racing engines, is an understatement.

The photos below are of a 4 cylinder, 4 cycle, 2 cc (that's right, 2 cubic centimeters) functioning racing engine. It's barely 2 inches long and is water cooled. It is believed to be one of only ten in the world.

Karen, I feel your passion and enthusiasm. Please keep contributing to this site.

Thanks All,

Paul A Christner

PS: My mother once told me that the day I was born in July, Dad came into the delivery room with the scent of castor oil and methanol still on his work clothes. What more can I say???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roar n Soar, AOMCI - Lake Shipp

Hi Everyone,

Just finished posting the photos from 2 recent events in Florida - Roar n Soar & the AOMCI Meet on Lake Shipp at Winterhaven, FL.

Here's a few photos from the events. You can see all of the photos over at www.QuincyLooperRacing.us. Just click on the photo of Dick Austin & his Quincy Looper on the front page - it will take you to the Collections & Events page, then scroll down.

The photos here are as follows:
    1) Bob Dunlap with his D Mod championship winning boat at Roar n Soar. (Congrats to Bob)
    2) R. C. Hawie display at Lake Shipp.
    3) Ron Selewach's display of outboard racing (production) engines at Lake Shipp.
    4) Joe Welch & his restored 4 cylinder Quincy Looper Fd 67, originally owned & raced by Phil Crown.
    5) Joe's Wow collection of restored Merc 20H's.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Paul A Christner

ps: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hope you find the two pages

As I mentioned previously on this site to you Karen, (don't remember the thread) I used to stop in McComb in the 80's on trips either to Harry Zak's or back, and have a beer or two (or 3 or 4) with Bill. I always looked forward to those trips, both to see Harry and watch him work his magic with machinery, and also Bill. He and I had several mutual interests, race boats/outboard race engines and airplanes among them, and we had some good times and conversations about both. I also visited Hanger 7 several times and had the pleasure of seeing what he was working on. I wish more of those projects had come to fruition.

I hope you are able to get those other pages posted. We do not have that much history about our sport in a written form, in fact almost none until the "internet age" and web sites like BRF. I hope more will contribute their memories and photos/videos while they are still available.

Thanks for your contributions.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe off topic..

I just came back from visiting my friend Ed Williams in Quincy, IL.

He told me yesterday that he went to look at a small boat race
    in Quincy this summer.
    He talked to some racers..bragging about his Swedish friend
    that use to race boats..

Ed also took some photos..

If they are of interest...I have a few more..

Happy Thanksgiving

Lars
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Thread Information