Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Run By A Quincy Flathead 6 cylinder?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Nitro Droop - Never seen one on a Quincy or Merc rod yet.

One thing I have yet to see is small end "nitro droop" or bend on any Merc or Quincy connecting rods to date on any padded block deflector or Flathead that I have restored. They are but a fraction of the representation here of those that worked with them and or raced them when they were the power houses. Amongst the many spare parts I got to choose from nothing like that to look at either. Today I took apart a Harrison 250cc-350cc custom crankshaft that was assembled with class D Konig rods and some version of uncaged big end bearings. Not only do they have serious "nitro droop" but the small ends were starting to fracture and break up too even though the installed Torrington caged needle wrist pin bearings showed no sign of failure themselves. Evidently it ran 30% to 40% nitro in the methanol fueled through its Anzani cast iron block so even big one piece Konig rods have their structural limitations that Quincy or Quincy-Merc didn't?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Dear David, the curbman junk doesn't help....you.

David:

This is a discussion board and thread for good things and good people. To me your neither and teamed up with donkey there, curbman does not help when you already got a perverted involvment with obscene junk you used send out, coupled to some crooked cops who are up to their armpits in trying to conceal and ****** case I am writing about as an author. Your part of that literary work, because you gullible but I would prefer your existance be purely background as opposed to being active and stupid.

I digress here just the once to tell you something. I would prefer you stick to the topic and wise up. You not helping yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly personal to Bill Van.

Like Frank I did not mean to imply that you were trying to diminish Gerry Waldman's achievements. I apologize to you if I gave that impression.

Comments were often made suggesting Quincy Welding built special motors for our own racing team and for "pet" customers.

On several occasions Chris had me set up our motor on a customer's boat and then Jim Schoch would beat the customer with his own motor.

I just wanted to set the record straight once and for all.

The original theme of this thread was how fast could a 6 banger go if some one held it open long enough to find out.

It seems we've strayed from the original question.

Once again I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying

Post Thanks / Like

Default John pay attention

You got my attention again, first off you are not an "author" your just a guy from East Selkirk Manitoba who once lived in Calgary and now lives in Winnipeg, get a hold of yourself. I as well as others on the forum are reading this thread and one thing we notice is some very good information coming out on the history of boat racing from people who actually were there to witness it. This is a good thing but then John jumps in yes you John Taylor with nonsense topic introductions that no one chimes in on. John your sick get some help and keep your thoughts to yourself they make no sense to anyone here. John, donkey can't you come up with something better than a 10 year old would.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    David:

This is a discussion board and thread for good things and good people. To me your neither and teamed up with donkey there, curbman does not help when you already got a perverted involvment with obscene junk you used send out, coupled to some crooked cops who are up to their armpits in trying to conceal and ****** case I am writing about as an author. Your part of that literary work, because you gullible but I would prefer your existance be purely background as opposed to being active and stupid.

I digress here just the once to tell you something. I would prefer you stick to the topic and wise up. You not helping yourself
    Last edited by curbman; 09-14-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: addition

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Would the board ops do some moderating here soon.

Moderators - This mutt and jeff act that follows people around like a puppy needs to be contolled. It does not become the board when this stuff gets going and goes beyond anything reasonable. They spoil things for everyone and the reputation of the board and that is not g

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Would the board ops do some moderating here soon.

Moderators - This mutt and jeff act that follows people around like a puppy needs to be contolled. It does not become the board when this stuff gets going and goes beyond anything reasonable. They spoil things for everyone and the reputation of the board and that is not good thing for a place that should be respected.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apology/Clarification not neccessary - but appreciated

Gene, Frank, and David:

Thanks for your gracious comments. Perhaps, as I chided Paul for possibly being overly sensitive, I was being the same. Sometimes when you can't for whatever reason, "do it anymore," you forget a little about when you did, but that was not the case about what I witnessed with Gerry's Kilo run. I can still see in my minds eye him approaching the Kilo traps, and I am still impressed almost 40 years later. I did make an assumption about the possible use of Nitro, and based on other posts, I was mistaken.

We did get off the subject of the 6, but all things considered Gerry's run was still one of the most fantastic I have ever seen, especially considering the time frame, and I like to share some of those moments that I was privileged to see with others. Hopefully Jerry Peterson will chime in about his Looper 6. I sent him a PM to see if we could get him in this discussion. I notice he has never posted on BRF, even though he is a member. I know he has lots to share if he will, or is able to take the time to participate.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Guys Didn't Miss the Fund Raiser, Did You?

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...play.php?f=124

In case you missed it, we have a fund raiser on brf...

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill Van....me neither. You just keep on telling your stories. We weren't whacking your knuckles, we were just laying on the praise of a guy who could do things with a boat above and beyond what others thought possible. And anything you could pour into your fuel tank was legal. You know Bill Van that my Dad might have razzed you a little for misunderstanding these posts. Just think about him today and get a big smile on your face.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I hope you can persuade Jerry Peterson to join us. I remember when he went through the traps in Alex with his 6 deflector. At that time it was the fastest speed ever recorded at Alex, and we all know the looper was faster than the deflector

Thread Information