Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HST NUMBER 2: Rod Zapf

Post Thanks / Like

Default HST NUMBER 2: Rod Zapf

HST number two....Five pictures at $25 per post...So, Capnzee is donation $125 toward the 60 EFI Formula Race Tunnel boat mold...
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-10-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Without Friends......How Could I Loan Propellers???

Well, Boat 88 is getting wet at Irvine, Right NOW...

Capnzee's co-driver will be his son, Eric Von Zapf.....the Navy Top Gun pilot.........

Are the numbers legal?

Loaned him some props....

We'll see how it goes...I told him he can't test without a COWLING!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Interestng steering set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Steering system worked flawlessly, boat balance seemed excellent, handling was great--that is about all I found out as the engine quit making noise after about 5 minutes and I paddled back to shore. so much for this week--next test day is the following Tuesday--it ain't easy here in California--cost me a hunnerd bucks for a 5 minute ride! PS I ran the full race 3 years ago and won the Division, 7th overall (with no cowling). Today, I wish I had a cowling.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    Steering system worked flawlessly, boat balance seemed excellent, handling was great--that is about all I found out as the engine quit making noise after about 5 minutes and I paddled back to shore. so much for this week--next test day is the following Tuesday--it ain't easy here in California--cost me a hunnerd bucks for a 5 minute ride! PS I ran the full race 3 years ago and won the Division, 7th overall (with no cowling). Today, I wish I had a cowling.
    Rod that thing looks really bad ***! It will add some color to the race for sure. Get it done man!

Post Thanks / Like

Did she injest some water or just get lean with no hood?

DB
    ps: Nice rigg

Post Thanks / Like

I thought she might be running a little lean so I brought her home and did a compression check. All cylinders were at 148, plus or minus 1. Plugs looked slightly white. I looked throuh the plug holes and didn't like the looks of the piston tops so I pulled the head on the even side. The piston tops looked ok but a little dry. The heads had a slight amount of oil on them. Put the heads back on and checked compression. Now 150 on all cylinders. I think the engine stopped because the fuel pump got real wet and the engine ground switch got wet. I now have lottsa spark on all six and ran the engine for an hour on the hose at 1000 to 2000 rpm. (Still breaking in). I am changing the carbs from WHM's .072 on high speed (which I think is too lean) and putting on WH-40's (which I have) and jetting them to .090's. I have wh-46's coming. Rod PS sorry to hear you BYUBOYZ can't make it out for the 300. I was looking forward to meeting ya'll in person. Even put a message to ya'll on the transom of my HST.

Post Thanks / Like

Save that message for next year. It`s unbeliveable all the stuff that has happened to us down here this year that prevent`s us from attending ya`lls great race and it ain`t over yet! I`m gonna make it next year if ya`ll have it. May even make a Classic Mod-VP event if i can find out when it`s gonna be.
    Remember when Mod-VP was "THE" class and you could go anywhere in the country and race. They had the class in every APBA divission. I think that`s one of the reason`s why it was such a sucsesfull class for so long.

I like your HST. I have one for bayou riding.

Name:  boat%20001.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  2.8 KB

DB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabull1919 View Post
    Save that message for next year. It`s unbeliveable all the stuff that has happened to us down here this year that prevent`s us from attending ya`lls great race and it ain`t over yet! I`m gonna make it next year if ya`ll have it. May even make a Classic Mod-VP event if i can find out when it`s gonna be.
    Remember when Mod-VP was "THE" class and you could go anywhere in the country and race. They had the class in every APBA divission. I think that`s one of the reason`s why it was such a sucsesfull class for so long.

I like your HST. I have one for bayou riding.

Name:  boat%20001.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  2.8 KB

DB
    I understand the hurricanes and damage done in your part of the country. Easy time to forget about boat racing. I was flooded out twice this spring by the Mississippi in Norther Illinois. Not any where near the damage you had in Louisiana but enough to put me a couple of months behind. Look'n forward to seeing you next year. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Well, We had a lot of tree`s down and power outages but no flooding this far north in the state. If that was all we had going wrong here i belive we would still come but it`s many thing`s.
    See ya`ll in 09.

DB

Thread Information