Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Where The Action Is

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

F 20 was Dub Parker's number, but this was the Dub Parker memorial race after Dub had died in a plane crash the year before. I don't remember how his boat got there, maybe it was sold, but it looks like Jeff Hutchens driving it.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right Ralph about Jeff driving it. I was wondering myself about that. Since I never made any contact sheets of the film from this race, I can't tell what is on the frames until I scan them. That one was a surprise, and one of the reasons I posted it is because I didn't know why the F 20 was in the field. Sadly Jeff is no longer with us either so we can't ask him.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

F-20 was still Dubs boat. Billie Parker and my father-law Bill Hosler wanted to run Dubs boat at his memorial race in his honor, but two days before the race Bill threw his back out and wasn't able to drive so they let me run for him . Jeff Hutchins was driving for Phil Wagner that weekend. You can always tell when Jeff drives, he had the black wetsuit on. Also a Trevor Billiter story: Roy Miner made a few props for us to try the week before the race. So we tested the props and both agreed the best prop happen to be the same one, which was odd being he ran 500h an I ran formula 350. Roy wouldn't sell it to us. He said just share it. So we did and Trevor won 500h for his first national win . Tim
    Thanks racingfan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Master Oil Racing Team liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for telling how it went Tim. Everybody was proud of Trevor that day. I hope you can add more stories about your racing down there. You guys were always high point in region 5 because you ran so many races. Two sanctioned races in one weekend sometimes. But you did have very many good drivers. We always had fun racing at Lakeland, but it was too far for us to make the Grapefruit circuit. Have many good friends from there. Lots of the best in the nation came out of Region 5. Give us some more stories Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

A few more pictures from Lake Parker.

I sometimes slowed the shutter to get the illusion of speed when panning. I tried this on the photo of V100, but the driver was out of focus. I decided to include it because the bow handle and a couple of feet of the nose are in focus. It shows how shallow the depth of field is with a long lens focused close.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the last of Lake Parker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jeff Lytle thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff Lytle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Dave...who is this? Hinton Pro Nationals 1977.
    Forgot if I answered, but this(E-9) Don Woods from West Virginia in either a 500 or 700.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have these pipes...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To clarify..The red pipes on Glen's # 41 Tunnel 500 green boat

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember back in 1979 at Dayton Ohio had a chance to meet the whole Hutchin's family they were all down to earth. It was one of the largest race nationals I had ever experienced Jim Lee 79CE, DSH

Thread Information