Thread: Where The Action Is

Post Thanks / Like

Default Messrs Loth & Volenter

Here's another one for you Master Oil........

A certain Herr Loth keeping a very close eye on his rival!!

You'll find a host more pics from days gone by on the German site http://www.ellmers-motorsport.de/

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would certainly keep a close eye on anything to do with Pepsico. They burnt a friend of mine from Berlin to the tune of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, in a business deal. Oh well, they made enough money to sponsor a boat racer. Thanks for the pics Corin. Got more?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a few from Berlin

Venue is Spandau in 1976.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mystery Photo

This is a great photo. An OSY400 heat of racing. 2 boats catch a a gust of wind at the finish line.

Can you Name:

1) The event?

2) The Drivers?

3) The Year?

Photo by Jean Tennell

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was the finish just out of the turn?

I'm guessing that they didn't cross the finish line. They didn't see the ripples on the water? An interesting story........would love to hear the drivers tell the tale.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne's question about Bob Smith

It's a long time from when you asked the question, but Bob passed away several years ago, Althiemers, but he wanted all his friends to know that he joined the republican party toward the last. He used to call me "the Nazi" and I called him "a commie pinko" all in fun of course because of all the political discussions we used to have. He an Judy were divorced for quite a while before he died.

P.S. not kidding about the republican party, he showed Eileen and I his card at the DePue Nationals one year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me know Bill. He was too young to go. He and Judy were the driving forces for the races at Winona. There were never any more professional races put on than there. I'll always have fond memories of that fine race course and the fun we had there with our friends. It was also where I saw the northern lights for the first and only time. I was sitting on our trailer talking with Chuck and Jane Hall when the sky started boiling with greens, reds, yellows, and magentas. The patch of sky was shimmering then boiling and coaelesing into a center that funneled up into the sky, only to start over again.

Bob and Judy were tireless workers and did the Midwest Powerboat Association proud. In the mid 70's the Dallas Cowboys were running over everyone and the Minnesota Vikings were too. I remember a challenge with Bob, but I forget who won. I will post some stuff about Bob in the Encyclopedia because he needs to be remembered.

P.S. Anyone who looks at his pocketbook and see that it wasn't his wife that spent all the money finally realizes maybe he sent the wrong guys to Washington. Maybe its time for the Republicans to see the light too.

Post Thanks / Like

If no one knows the answer to David's quiz in a few days, I'll give my opinion.
    Had I known 1984 was going to be my peak year, I would have tried harder

Post Thanks / Like

Well.............I wasn't there, so this is just a stab in the dark ( wonder where that phrase 1st came from? ) I'll try 2 out of 4:

It looks like Depue, and it looks like a Pugh hydro on the left. Since Eric has chimed in to answer if no one does, I'll bet he was the driver of the Pugh hydro!

Composite Specialties

Default Osy-400

It was Depue, don't remember the year but it was a couple of years ago and the boat on the right I believe was Oliver Lucas in his laydown.

Thread Information