Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Where The Action Is

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wayne, was at the APBA site this AM & was looking at the race details for this weekend................ look who the Ref is for the race:

Officials
    AsstRef:
    JIMMY GILBERT 9846 SAGE ASPEN HOUSTON, TX 77089-3502
    Inspector: CARLETON CALLAHAN PO BOX 543 LUFKIN, TX 75902-0543
    RaceDir: JOHN SCHUBERT 3026 COLONEL COURT DR RICHMOND, TX 77469-6801
    Referee: DARRELL BEAULIER 10 SWEETDREAM PL THE WOODLANDS, TX 77381-6009
    RiskMan: MICHAEL SCHUBERT 910 HOLLY HALL RICHMOND, TX 77469-2376
    Scorer: KELLY SCHUBERT 3026 COLONEL COURT DR RICHMOND, TX 77469-6801

Want me to relay a message ?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Douglas Willey

Wayne, I don't ever remember a Rip Willey, but you got Pip right on. I went on a pheasant shoot with him last Dec. Had a great time. He's in good health now, after having some ateries rimmed out. Also spent one day with Chris Appleby. He took me to see this 48 cylinder motorcycle he built and a museum where his old race boat is on display as well as many others, including A tunnel boat Bill Seebold drove in the eighties.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Darell Beaulier & Pip Willey

Don't know how to respond separately to two back to back post's so I'll do both here. Wharfrat-maybe you can print out the portion that applies.

Darell, long time no see. You have to sign up to see your younger self standing on top of an upside down tunnel watching the others go by. Maybe you got a better eye when it comes to jumping the gun than my BEST FRIEND has. Hey....all those Schuberts need to join up too. And I am sure that Carleton Callahan is related to Corky and Sue Ann. They all need to be a part of BRF.

Ralph Donald--"Pip" Willey is a one-of-a-kind. Wished that him and my Dad could have gotten together and we could have been there listening to the session. I met Doug Willey and Chris Applebee at a race in Berlin. Cold, overcast, miserable weather to race in, but I guess standard over there. We were waiting and warming up in "Pip" Willeys Citroen. He was feeding me some line about us colonials wasting tea. Then he told me a story about when he took Nikita Kruschev on a pheasant hunt. He told me about how they did the hunts and all that. I can only imagine what it would be like to be on a weekend pheasant hunt with Pip Willey.

Chris Applebee.--When I found that my long time OD World Kilo Record had been broken, I was glad that it was a friend of mine--Chris Applebee.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,

Carleton Callahan is Corky and Sue Ann's son. He was racing SST 45's back in the 1980s, but is into officiating the races now (like his Mom did)
    I see him at St. Louis every year - usually doing some officiating work with Darrell Beaulier on the Champboat circuit. He's also the APBA Chairman of Region 15.

Val

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday 21st April

This the boat I crew for. Stephen Smith it was his first time out last evenig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PaulThurston; 04-22-2005 at 03:01 AM. Reason: picture by David Smith

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, consider it done, I'll print that out tonight, post the pic you're talking about & I'll take it with me as well to show him

We won't be heading out till EARLY Sunday AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default More pictures from our club website

Boats from the 50's to the 70's

Post Thanks / Like

and more

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures from club website

Nice pics. A few strange looking craft. What are they?

Here are a few of a boat laying around behind the Konig factory. Did you ever see this thing run Paul? Seems to me a pilot's license and a pick up boat with motor running should be a requirement before taking it out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darrell Beaulier

Wharfrat. This isn't the picture I was thinking of but have to wrap this up now and go run pipe on a job north of Victoria. Won't be back til sometime Sunday. BTW--got my stuff for the wireless hookup. Maybe we can do it next week.

Thread Information