Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 225 ficht ram

Post Thanks / Like

do we know each other racer 55?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, I send a lot of stuff your way.

Regards,
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

where bouts are you situated?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok for take off the ficht sytem, but I must take off injector, and what full system can I buy to take the ficht system place ?

perhaps it is more simple to find a 250HO ecu with injector????

I will use this engine in 24 hours of Rouen, and the engine will be full gaz during 24 hours........less refueling!!
    jm

Post Thanks / Like

can you just find a 250 etec power head that seems like the better idea

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, We have been trying to run one of Waynes (before passing) E-Tec slide front intake systems here in NZ. Our biggest issue has been RF noise on the Ignition and injector timing control systems. We know of an engine the same as ours in USA running the gold flywheel F1 ignition system but this is only good to about 7500rpm before RF disrupts the injector timing. Our most successful and reliable F1 engine has been a 3ltr DI (ficht) block with minor exhaust and large finger porting and a Mad Efi cross front running 6 small bore plastic carbs from a late 90's big block. I wish there was an easy fix to get more revs out of the E-Tec or DI engines but we havent found one yet and we have the blow ups to prove it. There is heaps more we have tried but could be a long reply. Cheers DSE

Post Thanks / Like

darren spencer here in ause runs a similar setup to waht you are saying but he runs a MOTEC ignition and injection system and it allows him to rev to 8,500 rpms

do you have any of those gold race flywheels?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 Goldies but not for sale as yet. We can contact our USA friend to see if he has any, Will get back to you on this. As for the ECU we are running a wolf-ems from aus. This was supplied by wayne as tested by himself but when but on an F1 the engine requirements were different to his test boat. Wayne put heaps of time into testing this system for us. The wolf is an awesome ECU for tuneability and is not the cause of our problem just need more test time, lots of it. Will get team boss to talk to darren and see if thier experience can help us to become reliable again. Thanks for the info DSE

Post Thanks / Like

yeah really looking for a better fly wheel for my engine rather than having the V4 fly wheel plus i have like 5 good starters for a V6 but i have to machine them down so they fit on the V4 fly wheel pain in the arse i rekon

have you thought about sleaving all your components and use double core air craft wire for the systems!

when i used to work on aircraft RF interuption was a big playing part into things and we always used stainless shealded wire and this fire sleave stuff over all components and looms and things like that!

cheers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For the gold flywheel and also for help in the USA regarding making a DI or E-Tec Evinrude go harder you both need to contact Greg Jacobsen. He has plenty of parts and is also building some very fast E-Tec F1 engines. I agree that the wiring is our problem, so will need to work on getting all the correct gear to sort it out. Cheers dse

Thread Information