Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OPC Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Johnny !!!!!!!!

Was on the phone with Wayne last night talking about you. Talk about a long time ! I'll email you my phone #'s in case we can go to Conroe this weekend. Really glad to know you'ree still around & look forward to talking to you. Say hi to Dan for me next time you see him

Wayne, forgot to ask you last night, the boat Miss BK is referring to is the one I'm restoring now I'm pretty sure, would really like to have some pics of it in it's day

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Louis Collins boat

I'll look when I get back from Corpus. I know I took pictures of Louis racing, but that may be some of the stuff that Motorsport has. Does anyone know where Harry Echols is (aka H C Clyde)?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pic #3

Picture #3 sure looks like Lee Sutter

Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louis Collins' JP #85

Miss BK---Took awhile, but I found one of Louis' # 85 while looking for something else this morning.

Wayne
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahem

Wayne, when should I expect a copy of EVERY shot you have of that boat (especially in color) in my mailbox ?????????

Just let me know how much to reimburse you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    Miss BK---Took awhile, but I found one of Louis' # 85 while looking for something else this morning.

Wayne
    A special thank you to you Wayne for getting Scott & Johnny together again. (I would have mentioned this in my original message but I did not know that 'Master Oil Racing Team' was you at that time ).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wayne!

Just as I was opening this thread my 8 yr old walked up and I got to say to him, "Hey look Parker! There's Grandpa!"

That was followed by a ton of questions he had...see, he wasn't around when "Grandpa" was racing, and we don't have any photos either. He's only now realizing that all of us used to race "way back when". Thanks again for helping us pass on these memories!

In the photo we see #66 Gary Tuttle and I think that could be Milton Balser behind him.

Wharf: Sure wish I had some pics of the Laser for you. But for some reason, the family never seemed to take many racing photos at all. The one Wayne posted is of an Allison.

That's why people like Wayne are so important!
    Last edited by Miss BK; 04-13-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Hey look Parker..."

Thanks Val:

Strange how things work out.

Like you I dated within the boat racing fraternity. Corresponded at little bit with Rachael Van Hyte, went out a couple of times with Billy Seebold's cousin, was serious with a couple of daughters of racers, including being engaged to one. We broke off a week before I graduated from college. I got a full refund on the ring and used the money to buy 2 Nikon cameras and some lenses (best investment I ever made). That was 1972.

I ended up marrying a non racer, but I converted her.

We were scheduled to be married April 23, 1977. I got an invitation to race in Berlin early that year. It was the same day we were supposed to get married. I told Debbie to postpone the wedding and when I got back we could get married. NO WAY that was going to happen she said. The invitations weren't printed yet, so she moved the date up to April 16 and we spent our first weekend together as husband and wife at a boat race.

This weekend is our 28th anniversary. We are going to spend the weekend at Fredricksburg. i think before I leave I'll post a few photos of our racing in Berlin.

Note: Mrs. Wharfrat--boat racing is a family adventure!

A couple of pictures of Debbie follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Val, now that you say that I can see by the width of the bow you are right

WAYNE, KEEP LOOKING !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louis Collins' # 85

Scott--Looked this morning through slides. No color. Unless there is a couple but no numbers to identify with. N/C on the B & W, but I have to let the paper dry for a week.??? (That's what it says).

Thread Information