Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OPC Photos

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Richter's boat

Yes, That's the Sid that Dick Ingebretsen had. Dad put us kids to work stripping the paint off of the deck right after he brought it home. My dad has a picture (somewhere) of the bottom side of it while it was still in the air at Evansville. A great picture ( maybe you took it, Mark?) I will try to find it and post here.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Now you have me thinking about the Twister Craft boat. I thought they were built for the T3. I don't remember seeing Billy run a T2 or T2x on one. Just the T3.
    Could this have been a special effort to give Jimbo some competion in S class ?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

special hidden message
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lil Red

Mark: Sam beat me to the punch. I was going to post that shot too. I have shots of it with the TIIX that I took at, I think, Lake Carol.

I don't think Dick had a blue windscreen. That may have been Duane Timm in the Nauss. He had a blue windscreen. It was an Evinrude though not a Johnson.

I will have to dig up some of my old Great Lakes photos. You and your brother must have a million of them.

Bill, I remember your dad well. I also remember him working you kids pretty hard at the races.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    I do remember the Lake Carol race. I think it was the first race that we saw a T3. Very cool - sounded like an air raid siren!

I think your right about Duane Timm. I didn't know that was a Harold Nauss boat. I do remember the other boats he built though. Very different, but Fast!! Ya know that one of his propeller designs is still the propeller to have in SST 60 class right now.

Bill Ritcher Sr. really helped us punk kids out alot. Lots of help getting the boats in and out of the water, motor work and anything else you can think of. I do have few photos of Bills old Hustler?with the UI engine. Taken at the Rockford, Il race.
    Mike - show us some photos of your old boats!
    Mark

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Twistercraft

I was always curious about these boats. They looked to be more narrow than other tunnels of that time and they appear to have no lift in the deck. Even for great drivers like Bill, had to be a hairy ride flying down the straights with the motor tucked under. I guess with a set up like that if you feel it starting to fly you keep your foot in the gas and start praying! I can see where they would be quick on smooth water though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twister Craft Canada

By 1976 or so "lil Red" was in Canada....... I had a choice between that hull and a pickle fork Molinari........ I took one ride in both and chose the Moli.

There was no way I was going to run that thing in Canada..... with all the "rubbing" in turns...etc. Oley Berkis wound up with it and had probably his worst year of racing....He was so big that he negated the weight and acceleration advantage....and the hull was so slippery, that he couldn't hold a line in the turns....

I believe it was after that when Dave Packer wound up with it.

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Dang thats cool. I need one in my living room.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Richter's Sid.........

Quote Originally Posted by mbd29 View Post

Nice shot of Bill Richter. Correct me if I'm wrong but that boat, I believe was a Sid, run by John Stochel the year prior and Dick Ingebertsen the year before that.
    ...I recently found out from Schubert that Tim Briggs was the original owner that sold it to Stochle.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    By 1976 or so "lil Red" was in Canada....... I had a choice between that hull and a pickle fork Molinari........ I took one ride in both and chose the Moli.

There was no way I was going to run that thing in Canada..... with all the "rubbing" in turns...etc. Oley Berkis wound up with it and had probably his worst year of racing....He was so big that he negated the weight and acceleration advantage....and the hull was so slippery, that he couldn't hold a line in the turns....

I believe it was after that when Dave Packer wound up with it.

T2x
    Oley Berkis had "Big Red".
    "Big Red" started life as a full front, but after blowing it over more than once, Oley and John Scythes turned it into a pickle-fork.
    Here's a picture of "Big Red" as a pickle-fork with Seebold cowlings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information