Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Boat Racing Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lone Star Boat Racing Association

Dale Sellers drove 250 cc Hydro and was good at it. I was just talking with Denny Henderson about him and thought that I would post some pictures of him. We have some great memories of him when we were all members of the Lone Star Boat Racing Association. Bobby Wilson and Dale were a "tuff" team to beat!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale Sellers

Photo No.3 Wonder what happened? Maybe he blew an engine, hole in a sponson, crew deserted?...........He is flying the Lone Star flag upside down.
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 04-02-2005 at 07:42 PM. Reason: forgot to reference the picture

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale Sellers

Some people would think we were crazy to spend a weekend getting beat up, standing in water for hours on end,skimming and flying plywood (as Jim McKean said) over the water at bone breaking speeds for 20 bucks.

Dale Sellers not only did all that, but if memory serves me correctly he hung red iron for a living. He helped build the original Six Flags over Texas--the tall tower you drop from.

He is standing hundreds of feet above the ground and the wind starts a big beam spinning around. I ask him "what do you do?" He said "They let one end bang into the building." He also added that you have to pay attention.

Dale....Here are some photos for you.

Team MSR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Henderson ????

Second shot down, is that Denny looking at the motor?

Michael D-1

Post Thanks / Like

Default denny

yes that is goldie locks henderson.

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever raced Alkies in Texas, keep tuned in. You may find a photo of yourself.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default San Antonio PRO Nationals flip ID

Wayne,
    I don't remember the year of the San Antonio PRO Nationals (1978 I seem to believe), but I do remember a rather amazing flip (I think it was a blowover in a 500 or 700, but it was so long ago I can't recall) with a comical out-come. I'm thinking that it might have been you (or you might recall who it was).

David Eldredge, I believe Kristi Hellsten and myself were wading in waist deep water watching a high flying Butts Hydro making a few laps. On the last lap, the guy dumps it right in front of us! The driver flew through the air flailing like crazy, and finally landed in the water & weeds about 10 feet away from us.
    After ran over to him and made sure the driver was ok, we told him he gets an overall score of a "9" on that flip. The driver then responded, "Geesh, what do I gotta do to get a "10" ??!!" We said "you gotta land in that", as we pointed to a chair sitting in the water about 3 feet behind him. The driver then stood up, shook his head and walked off mumbling something about a tough crowd.

Was that you??!!

Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default San Antonio Pro Nationals flip

That's A great story, but it wasn't me. I was in the air numerous times, but always managed to land back in the water right side up except in DePue 1974. That was my only "real" blowover. Maybe someone out there will remember. Let's hear some more stories.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SA Flip

Guy---Was thinking about your story, and if I were to make a guess as to who that was, I'm saying Pete Voss. If it was him, he is telling the same story about you kids from his point of view. He's a funny guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some old photos I dug up from the time I started racing in Texas

Thread Information