Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Boat Racing Association

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Henderson?

Hey, I know that little gal driving the #86 boat (top pic in #3 set). WOW, I sure had great fun all those years I drove and raced against those little Wilson boys and everyone else. That boat was the first of many that I would help Denny build over the next couple of decades. I have your dad to thank, Wayne, for helping me to get started with my first rig. And, oh yes, "Goldie Locks Henderson" too, for helping me get it set up at my first race. That got Denny and me started, and after 27 years, we are still together and still racing.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you Lizzie. I've got a bunch of pictures of you to post. In the meantime, some other LSBRA guys. Mostly from San Antonio this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Lone Star up North. Winona, Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like

More of Winona. 1975

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some of the Lone Star guys at Alex 1972

I graduated from college Dec 71 & had to go to work Jan 72, so Alexandria that year was a good escape. That was also the race where the first CDF Butts Aerowing went into the water.

Team MSR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lone Star boys at Depue....2005

Wayne, you should have made the trip. Was some great racing. Henderson killed the field in 250. Won all three heats. Was by far the fastest and drove his butt off.

Nicholson damn near won 250 Runabout. He had the fastest boat out there and drove real well. I think he ended up second.

You would have been very proud of both of them.

Michael D-1

Post Thanks / Like

Default I had planned to come Mike but...

....DePue came too early after my vacation. A few more weeks and I could have covered it. Talked to Louis Williams today and he was filling me in. I'm very proud of the Lone Star guys. And I know it wasn't intentional so don't feel bad, but you left out Sean McKean. I understand he put in a solid sterling performance in 700 hydro. Wish I could have seen it. Besides not being able to talk face to face with Johhny Dortch & John Jr, my Texas friends and you and others I would have liked to have met Mike Johnson. I am going to work on trying to make it next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue

Wayne, like Mike said you missed a great time. Depue is always a great place, wether you are racing or just there to see all the great people. We worked our butts off and came up short but we had a great time. It is always great to see all the older racers. John Dortch was there again and it is always great to see him. Lets make plans for a big get together next year. It would be good to see Stan Leavendusky too. I see he joined BRF. Wayne keep posting those great pictures and we hope to see you at a race soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm starting to strategize now for next year

Thanks Doug. I've heard from several people already about what went on. The other day I forgot to congratulate the Lone Star guys for their performances. Great job Denny Henderson, Sean McKean, and ......Bruce Nicholson............you have too much history not to be a member here.

Ray Yates called today and is changing the date for the LSBRA reunion. Now just because you don't live in Texas doesn't mean you can't come. Johnny Dortch and John Jr. are both honorary members. Reles LeBlanc and Don Nichols are from Louisiana and have always been members of LSBRA, so you come too David Woodall. If you like raceboats and want to come to the historic Baytown Boat Club, just hang loose until the new date is firmed up.

Now the reason for this post at this time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE RAY T-7Jr!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neches River, Beaumont, TX

Neches River Festival located in Beaumont, TX during the late sixties.

Thread Information