Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mercury Twister IIX

Post Thanks / Like

Merc did not recommend pump gas for TII and TIIX's ... they recommended AV gas ... which does not have ethanol
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Twister 11 X

Hi, Sam is right of course! we are using AV GAS but i beleive it is no more than 100 Octane here, now low lead, as opposed to high lead many years ago, i think the higher lead fuel was around 105 octane, much better for pre ignition problems. We are running about 19 deg advance and jets are bigger around 0.098" i try to not load the motor too much as this is when it likes to melt no. 5 piston which seems to run with slightly more temp and ignition avance. Actually the motor runs very well but not making full power, i would think it is running about 90% power but it keeps going now so thats better than the other option! ithink the carbies I have are the A model as they only have the single transfer tube. Thanks for all the positive comments, I think we will do sum more clips, so will let you know!! Good luck gwtting the T2 going it will be fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Default T-ll setup

Thanks Guy for the responce , I used avgas in the past but its getting hard to get legally. I used to just drive out to the airport and get 100 gal. ,a few years ago they wouldn't even sell me 5 gallons.I know a few people with light planes so I'll have to get some out the back door.Love the sound of these engines,I'm sure everyone is looking forward to somemore clips .Thanks again and keep that baby going,Glen!

Post Thanks / Like

Switch airports, there is no legal restriction.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark11 View Post
    Yes T2x, we absolutely do.. If I could figure out how to adapt that 2 litre powerhead John has for sale onto a CCC mid and gear case, I think the Moly might see water again..

Little chance that my CCC will ever run - at least not in it's current form. Looks original though! Maybe you can tow me around with that over-powered (or should I say very well-powered) wing of yours!
    There has to be a CCC Powerhead avaialable someplace......... If not I am sure Sherlock could adapt the 2 litre......or you could simply re-rig it with a Merc.

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Thread Information