[QUOTE=Sam La Banco;67577]Roy,

A few years ago, Evinrude introduced a new engine model, which is as good (actually far better) than what your suggesting.

The 3-cylinder, 79 ci , direct injected 2-stroke, Evinrude E-tec, is sold as a 75hp model and a 90hp model.

It's a great engine. Very good power, great fuel economy, durable, very quiet, lightweight, and good lookin' and you can buy one today.

The cross flow v-4's have been out of production for over 10 years.....................................
.................................................. .................................................. ..............................
YES, i know about THIS engine, & I do NOT doubt you. But, i am crying over spilled milk, some thing that could have been done 30 odd years ago. It seems to me the current motor you're talking about is very heavy (like maybe 1/2 of a V-6 powerhead )and now days , very high priced . Along with everything else . Except for bass motors (V-6's)
and small fishing motors , i doubt many outboards are sold anymore. I know I'll never buy another NEW outboard.