I have one of them. I have cut the step off the center pod but haven't had a chance to run it yet with that modification. My center pod's step was deeper than the one shown. When you tried to turn the center pod would settle down on that front step and the front just walked around to the outside no matter how hard you had the motor cranked the other way.

My boat also made a wake so big other racers refused to go on the race course with it. I hit the wake at speed myself at one race and came about 2 feet off the water (but it stayed completely level). I asked Jim Russell about reducing the wake and he correctly guessed that the center pod was deeper than the sponsons. He said a change to shorter than the sponsons would probably significantly reduce the wake. At the transom, my center pod is about 5/8 below the sponsons. I plan on cutting off about an inch of the pod.

On mine, the tunnels are symmetrical, but the left sponson is not full depth. As if it is designed to lean a little to the left to turn.

The boat did not seem to drive any differently with high rake or low rake props as far as speed or turning, but I could feel the difference in the seat of my pants. It has very good speed and acceleration, I never topped it out on a race course.

My boat also differs from the one in the picture with my transom being flush with the sponsons and not inset.