Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nationals "master mechanic patch ?"

Tomtall

Question Nationals "master mechanic patch ?"

Found this item listed on E-Bay.The seller says the following.This is a patch I received in '66 or '67. These were awarded by the Sturtevant Torque wrench company to the mechanic who built the engine that won the Stock Nationals in each class. It is still like new, never worn, pretty cool looking. Comes with a decal, but the decal is faded and cracked. Still nice for the right collector. Does anyone remember this item from back then. Just wondering?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen it mentioned in the magazines from that time period
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Tomtall

Question Gulf "Hall of Fame" patch

Same seller has this up for bid.Anyone know who this person might be? Can be viewed @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...540894556&rd=1 This is a patch I received when inducted into the hall of fame in 1966 [ya they even let guys like me in], it still looks brand new. Never worn. Approx 3 - 3/4" by 2". Nice patch for the collector.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll guess...

Not long ago, on E-Bay, there was a picture of my A Racing Runabout, dated 1966, Kilo record holder, Parker, AZ.

At first, I thought this was a copy of a picture I had posted on Scream and Fly (Oh, am I allowed to say SAF??? They don't allow BRRF to be mentioned)...

But, I emailede the guy and he said he bought it in Michigan.

When my father was moving to Lake Elsinore he sold all the stuff in his garage that, he didn't want to Steve Mullholland. Steve lived in California, and bought Gar Wood's place in Detroit. Steve was going to open a museum. I have not talked to Steve, but maybe he had "offed" stuff he doesn't want.....which the Steve I knew, he wanted everything. My fear, this stuff may have been stolen from Steve and is showing up at swap meets...

ADD:

The torque wrenches had the class engraved on them...they were gold...and as Ted May said, "They were for guys who had tight nuts."

As those Master Mechanic and Gulf Oil Company stickers were in a big mud that said, "Big Beers"....and was in my dad garage....Steve bought it all...and for what my dad considered a good price.....

The torque wrenches can from my three 1966 National Championships...

CU and DU Marathon and DU closed course, Prineville, Oregon).

NOTE: Am I in no way saying the guy who is selling the stuff stole them...I would like to talk to Steve Mullholland...When he left California, he had four containers of outboard racing motors....Ever herad of Mullholland drive in Hollywood??? Steve loved Outboard Racing....

Post Thanks / Like

That seller is Mike Downing; his problem is .......... too much racing memoribilia!
    I think his father and brother raced along with himself and he has all their stuff ... much redundancy!

I bought a shoebox full of APBA rulebooks from him on eBay a couple years back and really got him excited about selling off his junk on eBay..... I think they went for $8 a piece .... but with the whole box full the total was about $200 bucks!

Hey, Mike D... why aint you posting here?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Thread Information