Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Mod Vp

bill boyes

Thank you. Just got off the phone with Rod. Looks like I just raised my hand again. Damm, Why do I do this? Really this will be fun to get this going and get stored boats,racers and their families back into APBA events.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default An answer to Bill Boyes question

Question: WHY DO I DO THIS??

Answer: Guys married to flight attendants had way too much time on their hands when the wives were flying, and they never got over it.

bill boyes

Lots of truth to that. I will bet our wives paths crossed many times in their careers with TWA. BTY Capnzee(Rod) and I are retired TWA. He as Capt on MD-80's out of STL and I as Maint Mgr LAX/SFO. Also we were room mates for several years.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I agree 100% with what you have posted. As per our phone conversation, I will get together with the individuals who are interested in propelling this class. We will start work today and will have a set of rules in your hands within 2 weeks. In addition I would like to include a few of the "Joe the Plumber" posts for you to take with you. If you would like, I could also go to the National Meeting, up to you. Would it make sense to look at the "Classic Mod VP" class as not only a completely new class, totally divorced from all prior mod VP classes, but also a probationary class, giving us time to "grow roots". Capnzee

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flying with Capn Z

Bill:

Eileen flew with him a number of times in the 80's.

bill boyes

Rod, I am thinking it would fit as a Divisional class(another name for local) then if the boat count increases to 20 boats or so go for a national class.Run in Region 11&12 or any other Region if they wanted. OPC rule 18 page 110
    as we discussed keep the rules simple, affordable and safe. 2.0 motor, 2" below bottom, speed 80 mph wt of about 1200 lbs or so.

Thread Information