Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old and New

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old and New

The old Mod VP days were one of the most wonderful times in my life. Partly because I survived in one piece.THANK GOD. I went to a boat race in Fla. last year and felt very sad that the evolution of Mod VP has come to 150hp , environmentally perfect motors, and 1500 or 1600 lbs. I felt that boat racing has taken a giant step backwards. Rather than live in the past I do other things now. I do have one constructive bit of info. If I were to run in that new class I would run a v bottom. They carry the weight and lack of HP better than the tri-hulls. Hi to all my old friends I think of you all often. Mike Quindazzi

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Quindazzi
    The old Mod VP days were one of the most wonderful times in my life. Partly because I survived in one piece.THANK GOD. I went to a boat race in Fla. last year and felt very sad that the evolution of Mod VP has come to 150hp , environmentally perfect motors, and 1500 or 1600 lbs. I felt that boat racing has taken a giant step backwards. Rather than live in the past I do other things now. I do have one constructive bit of info. If I were to run in that new class I would run a v bottom. They carry the weight and lack of HP better than the tri-hulls. Hi to all my old friends I think of you all often. Mike Quindazzi
    Gosh Mike, don't recall how long it's been since I last saw you. Welcome to this lively site. Any old OPC pictures that you can post from our NE days?

Welcome to the site.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Mike

Wecome. Been wondering where you were? Here's a couple of pictures.
    If you'd like , I'll try to dig up some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hey mike,

mike is this your boat.. i bought it off of chris (he lives upstate ny). i was wondering if you could give me some info on it... maybe the weight or any setup tricks??

scott
    Last edited by wing nut; 04-08-2005 at 10:37 PM. Reason: ..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike, Fred Bowden and I Had Lunch Today...

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but had a great lunch. For awhile I thought maybe Fred and Mike might have to take it out behind the restaurant and finish it.......But peace prevailed.

Fred bought lunch which was good and I didn't have any money...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great lunch

Just had a wonderful time at lunch with Ron and Fred. Ron was gracious as ever, Fred and I got into it like it was the 1980's all over again.I just love it. He gets my blood flowing like yesteryear.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Know The Name More Than The Man

When Mike Quindazzi showed up at my shop the other day, I realize I knew the name better than the person. After talking with him and then going to lunch the next day, I feel we have much in common.

Mike was telling me what a great guy Dick O'Dea is....I said I've known that since 1954.

Mike mentioned John Sherlock and Freddy Hartman...and something about Jimbo at Eufaula, Alabama 1977.....I just happened to find an article about Eufaula, 1977...

John Sherlock won SJ.Joe McCauley won EP. Jimbo won Mod 120 and Mod 50...Billy Seebold was second to Jimbo in MOD 120...

I also found this Dick O'Dea Racing ad..A new 25 SS motor was $760...1973 or '74.

Thread Information