Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Stroke Wizard Expansion Chamber Program

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default 2 Stroke Wizard Expansion Chamber Program

Do any readers have any experience concerning the 2 Stroke Wizard Expansion Chamber program (computer program) available as a download from the software supplier at about $50.00 USD$ ??

Tomtall

Default John

No but here is the link.

------ http://www.buildandclick.com/html/more_info.html

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default TomT - Thanks

Tomtall, thanks for your response. Hopefully some readers with some pipes done with this program can field some pros and cons yet?

There is an auto supplier here that just put a heavy duty sheet metal cutting and forming combo machine here on sale that would pay for itself with your first pair of pipes. Does tight cones and all. With good formulas you can have your pipes with having the machine being the icing on the cake too boot.

Post Thanks / Like

John, it looks pretty basic.
    I noticed that the program uses the exhaust port diameter "at the point where it exit (sic) the casting...". This seems a little dicey to me, since one of the most critical parameters in calculating component lengths is the cylinder exhaust port configuration. I think Gordon Jennings's approach, as well as some of the freebie programs floating around on the web, may yield results that are just as accurate.

Frank

Tomtall

Default More details

Way back in BRF's infancy we did a thread on chambered exhaust systems in the tech. thread. For those interested it's a good read with more links and software.

Check it out at --------------

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...read.php?t=501

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    There is an auto supplier here that just put a heavy duty sheet metal cutting and forming combo machine here on sale that would pay for itself with your first pair of pipes. Does tight cones and all. With good formulas you can have your pipes with having the machine being the icing on the cake too boot.
    John, any idea on the make and model of that machine?

I'd love to find one in my neck of the woods, but haven't a clue of what to look for
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Two-stroke Simulation Software

No matter which software used (wave simulation or someones formula) still have testing to determine which design works for a particular application.
    The length may be right, head pipe dia close and stinger dia close but you will still have to test, test and test.

When looking for a chamber for the 45ss it became appearant that no one could guarentee the outcome so I took adifferent approach and found something really close (1996 Kawasaki 750 ZXI w/38mm carbs) RD performance made a pipe with 100hp @ 7,200) the 45ss could be ported close enough to the 750 zxi specs and the rpms were good for my app.
    Still took a while to work it out..................

image is of RD's Superjet Race Pipe for 701cc Yamaha, hope to show it on a boat in the future
    Attached Images Attached Images  

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Thanks all for the advice.

Thanks to all of you on your posts concerning this pipe program "Wizard" and the other programs. It is always interesting to see something apparently new. I have some computer programs now and I am looking them a lot more for building something that won't twist a tapered big end pinned Anzani crank too easy and for the Crescent Toronado tripple so far.

I was under the impression that the best pipe formulas used the exhaust port dimensions at the inner cylinder wall but some do it at the other side of the casting exhaust opening which can be in some cases 3/8ths of an inch and even more distant without having the exhaust diameter change and some that do. Then there are the exhaust ports that have a bridge splitting the port into 2 windows dumping into the same single pipe as opposed to a single wide exhaust port window that has no bridge.

Mark75H, the combo metal working machine I can scan for a view and give some specs on. It is in their catalogue now. They were doing some demos with it this week at a outfit called Princess Auto here in town who sells them to farmers like hotcakes. It weighs about 250 lbs and works up to 18 guage sheet metals. It was made in China and retails for about $350.00. No doubt it or similar metal forming machines might be a better deal and made more locally on the internet but I haven't looked yet. It is an all in one machine and takes up less garage space. That too always helps.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Interesting 2&3 stage expansion chamber pgrm link

A link to a webpage of both 2 and 3 stage expansion chamber exhausts formulas. Makes for easy reading and understanding if your a math officinado who got beyond using sliderules and into calculators aka computers!

Click on or copy and paste this to your browsers address line this address link -

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze...es/expcham.htm

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Java Pipe Program webpage

Free Java Pipe expansion chamber program at this address.

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javapipe_en.htm

Thread Information