Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Wayme Baldwin.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late Ted. I wanted to get above the tree tops, but too many little branches had grown in the way. Alexis and I had a path we used to climb to the top and wait for Andrew to get off the bus. Sometimes when we knew company was coming we would climb up there to wait, then holler at them when they got out of the car. They didn't know where we were.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fake!!!!!!

Anybody who thinks this is a real picture, with Wayne's capability with a camera all these years, is nuts. I have FINALLY realized all is not what it seems when dealing with a BALDWIN.

If you look closely you can see the thin wire holding the camera. UFO photos are manufactured the same way. Don't be fooled by his devious ways.

Post Thanks / Like

O yeah! Well how do you explain this other picture? Could all that be done with one flimsy wire? Besides, even if there was a wire....how did I get the camera fastened up there in the first place? I think you need to get away from your cheapskate ways and buy another pair of glasses. One without a scratch across the lens.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how the wire was placed

The wire would be no problem. You could have very easily have had Miguel Sanchez or one of his "compadres" from across the border climb the tree, place the wire and camera, or even take the picture. I for one will not believe you took the picture until a picture of you "taking the picture" is published and then authenicated by an impartial observer.

Post Thanks / Like

Great tree story, Wayne! Back at my mom's house in Arizona, there's a Mulberry tree in her front yard that I used to climb when I was a kid too. Now, whenever I go back home, I stop to touch those (much larger) branches and pause to say "hello" to my old friend.
    Some of my best memories are from that lofty playscape.

Post Thanks / Like

You got it exactly right Val. Those trees were only thick as broomsticks when my Dad gave them to me. There's no grass under those trees in that part of my yard because those are the ones I chose not to trim the low lying branches so the kids could have a hand hold for climbing. It's always deep shade there. My neighbor used to razz me about not trimming them low, and it was tough bending over and getting scratched mowing underneath them. The one I was in now covers over center and left field from the little league days. The kids used to call that area and those treestheir fort....and it always will be.

Now... Bill Van....what is it that makes you think that climbing a tree would be more difficult than doing all that other stuff? Believe me....getting Andrew's truck off our beach last Saturday was far more strenous. Five hours of digging...pulling a few feet....digging...more pulling....digging...pulling until we got it back on solid ground. Now I've been waiting for the Army Corps of Engineers call me to expain about dredging without a permit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Andrews adventure.........

Looks to me if you finished and connected the ends around the house you would have a pretty good moat...............
    Charley Bradley

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday

Hi Wayne- Do hope you had a great day. Look forward to all your most interesting postings.Looks like you had your hands FULL getting the truck out.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Texas Permitting Agency's

Wayne:

Looks like you have more problems (or had) than just climbing trees. I hope some of those same permitting agencies that you, your Dad and Ray had problems with back in the "waste disposal" days don't get wind of that situation with the stuck truck. We may have to visit you behind bars, based on some of your past posts about regulations around the lake these days.

Anyway, Happy Birthday!! That part of my earlier post was not BS, as it usually degenerates into, as we go on with each other these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Allen...it was 15 or 20 minutes getting all the mud from in front of the tires, suspension, axle and rear end and about 3 seconds of pulling before we dozed up enough mud to cause our 4X4's to start digging holes in the sand. When the right side was on firm ground, the left just kept skidding sideways where the embankment met the former high water mark. We finally got a Dodge diesel dualie to pull straight ahead, while myself and another pickup were tied together pulling at about 45 degrees to keep it from skidding. Another hour of foot by foot progress and we jerked it up onto the bank.

Bill Van...one thing I have in my favor this time around is, if I don't sign permit applications, no one in the three additions on this part of the lake can build or repair a pier, seawall or even dig the rotten willow stumps out of the ground in front of their property. If the authorities want to hassle me...I'll just say "Fine....I'm not signing any more permits. In fact, I don't like piers anymore, so everyone has to pull theirs out!" I'm saving this back for when I need it. This stupid fact has come about because the weenies in Corpus Christi are afraid to stick their necks out. Suits me just fine though.

Thread Information