Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Coast 45 Drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Coast 45 Drivers

Attention SST 45 drivers:

Re: Western Tunnel Tour

I'm ask for your support for the 2009 racing season. To date, I have five races tentatively scheduled for the 2009 racing season. These races do not conflict with any of the WFL dates. I am currently working on making this a major series for APBA which would earn points toward the prestigious Hall of Champions award. Most, if not all series races will have prize money. I want this to be a series for the drivers. The fee for joining the series is going to be $50. This will cover the cost of a website which will contain the rules, driver bios and point standings.

Please respond as soon a possible as to whether you will or will not support this series.

The rules and format of this series will follow provided I receive the support necessary.

Best regards,
    Chad Hill
    chad.hill@hillmarine.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Havasu Landing, February 2009 Round #1 WTT

Thank you for all the emails with your support, attached you will find some additions and changes to the 2009 rules. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to email me. I have to have these done in the next week do to the fact they will be submitted at the APBA National Meeting as a Major Series.

The first Series race is set for February in Havasu, I will have the rest of the dates to you soon.

The Western Tunnel Tour website is currently under construction and will be online soon at www.westerntunneltour.com/.

Thank you to Mark Wimpee for the help with the website and a $250 donation to the year-end fund on behalf of Norso Lubricants. Between Hill Marine and Norso Lubricants we already have $500 for the year-end prize fund.

Best regards,

Chad Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Default cool

if you guys need help with anything I would be happy to help out... let me know
    Dianna
    Last edited by Dkerns; 12-27-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chad, I am new to the sport and looking for a boat right now, I will certainly be there to cheer you guys on and look forward to racing with you sometime in the new year, Just wanted to say any help you need just ask..

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the offer, I hope to see you in Havasu. If you have trouble finding anything, let me know. I have lots of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Major or minor series

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill
    Western Tunnel Tour... Deal is signed.

All WTT races will pay half entry fee at the each race, with the Pop Curtis Trophy to MINOR Seire winner.

Both Puddingstone races will be WTT races also.
    So is the series going to be a Minor or Major series.

I thought it had to be a Major series to get Hall of Champion points which is what you were after.

Also a Major Series has to have $4,000.00 in prize money last time I checked or has that changed?

Lets get some clarification as to the schedule and what the WTT program is going to actually be.
    The first race is coming very quickly and I have to purchase a plane ticket if I am going to support the WTT.

I need a tentative Schedule so I can see what the total commitment is going to be to support the WTT.
    Its either all the races or none for me to participate.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be posting everything soon.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention SST 45 drivers:

Re: Western Tunnel Tour

I'm ask for your support for the 2009 racing season...............

Please respond as soon a possible as to whether you will or will not support this series.

The rules and format of this series will follow provided I receive the support necessary.

Best regards,
    Chad Hill
    chad.hill@hillmarine.com[/QUOTE]

Well, if i read your email correctly with the rules and all, if i have an open weekend from my series and decide to drive 20 hrs to race with your new series but don't "join" your group... I get to receive zero prize money, zero tow money if it's available and the real kicker.... I have to start behind "your drivers" in the qualification heats. Might I ask is there a mission statement for the series? Please tell me it doesn' read "to promote and encourage participation in opc/apba"

Add me to the "no, I will not be supporting this series" list.

However, I hate when people rag and don't offer solutions so let me offer an idea. You took the PTT name, might i suggest you take a rule regarding ptt non members who are MORE THAN WELCOME to come as well. Non-members get prize money, with a haircut, maybe $50-150. Example: You win, member gets about $800, non- member $700. Just an idea. Once the boats hit the water, who cares what series you call home, no position penalties, this is racing. Where to start on that one.... May the best person win. Maybe there is a series pi$$ing match between WFLS and WTT, but c'mon guys. Our sport is shrinking not growing. Is starting a new series with these rules helping or hurting???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote: Non-members get prize money, with a haircut, maybe $50-150. Example: You win, member gets about $800, non- member $700.

I appreciate the input, if you drive 20 hours I will give you a free $50 membership to the Western Tunnel Tour.

A hair cut is one way to go? But, if it is only $50 to join the series wouldn’t $750 be better then $700?

This was never designed to be a pissing match, nor will I allow it to become one. I wish I would have gotten more input before the final rules were submitted.

Post Thanks / Like

Default payout

im not a 45 driver
    but got to put in my 2 cents when i see a series deture participation
    wheather a regional,minor or major series need a membership fee to
    help pay expenses for the yr for its local members

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,a non local ,,,1 time racers
    the series cannot penalize a driver from another region that wants to attend
    to get seat time,help boat count,or just to race with other drivers other than their norm for that 1 race
    its backwards that series SHOULD and MUST help that non member team
    any way they can to get them there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    not exra entrys
    bottom line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    boat count cannot be detured

champboat ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    has a 350 membership fee for 120
    if only race a coulpe events its less expense to pay extra 50 pr event
    but theres more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    extra 50 entry at race
    1/2 pay for final position
    and take away any 350 local sponsor