Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Classic Outboard: C Runabout (A One Designed Class)

Tim Weber

Here is a question concerning the boats that are allowable. I have in my possesion a 12' 6" Stippich that was built around 1978. It's a round chine, old school boat but it has the famous Stippich duck bill front end. The nose is about 12" wide. According to the rules it is illegal but it is " old school".

I have a thought. There are few older boats kicking around I am sure. The antique pro division allows boats built prior to 1986 to compete and not meet the exact hull dimensions. I think its' 86. Anyway, having an age requirement might be another idea. Who knows, if this takes off, maybe will see a few Claaakcrafts, Sids, Rinkers or Broc's showing up.

Tim

Default CZAR ZAPF.....I Can't Speak For Exactly

Czar Zapf wants front seats and doesn't care about boat design...so far he has not MANDATED FRONT SEATS....

I'd say the Stippich would be perfect for Classic C Runabout.

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Czar Zapf wants front seats and doesn't care about boat design...so far he has not MANDATED FRONT SEATS....

I'd say the Stippich would be perfect for Classic C Runabout.
    Front seat boat kits: http://www.boatracingr11.com/Sorense..._classic_b.htm

As I see it, the more boats we can put back on the water, the better. At this point in time, there are no rules and we will run as a Local/special event. I would encourage you to "beat the bushes" in your area, get enough boats to run a special/local event, then ask your officials to add you to their agendas. That is basically what we are doing in region 12 and we are working on region 11 as well. The down side???-Currently there are no national points. Get yourself a group of local racers with similar interests and go for it. There seems to be some interest in our region for a Classic C class. If this is a go, we will see more of it in the future. We may end up with a specific class of "sit-down" type of run-a-bouts with a front cockpit. As more and different "outmoded" boats come out of the wood work we will make the rules so that everyone fits some where and no boat will be left behind. (My mantra for all boat racing is "let no boat be left behind" and we are talking boats, not powered surfboards." If you can't start your own engine, without someone else pulling the string or two strong arms holding it up, it is not a Classic Outboard. Rod

Quote Originally Posted by CSR4C View Post
    Darryl, you are "the man" and right on target for what I am trying to do! I would invite ALL INTERESTED persons to look at Darryl's web page of boat kits. Now, I have to tell you, those were BOATS not bots (surfboards) and they were and can be absolutely beautiful and useful boats today! Keep it up guys and we will get this thing going! Rod

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information