Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V-bottom racing in OPC, 1970-1985

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Pigott View Post
    Joe i sent you E mail let know if you got it

Post Thanks / Like

Could be Kenny Shaw at Havasu '79, except for the Evinrude!
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Strawn View Post
    This was Parker 1982 and I think was the last time I saw a VP run. Don't remember the names. I do remember it was uncomfortable watching this thing run 50 feet from the spectators.

Joe - Thanks for the info on the XR-14. I had heard of them but never even seen a picture. I still have my XR-2002 from 1983.

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Default VP-81 Is A Ski Racer

I sold him that Evinrude through Jim Jost's promotional motor sales...

Can't think of his name, but he's from Petaluma, California, seems he was a farmer...as when he had the Evinrude picked up at my house, they cam with a refrigerated semi truck...came right in my neighborhood and we tossed it from my pick up to this semi...

He was a freind of Larry Vorguson, who was very hot ski racer, Larry ran a Merc. Larry raced this Enduro the VP 81 is in....He stopped half was through and gave Mike Snell a two lap ride....Mike was paralyzed from the waist down...APBA got quite mad at Larry!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Then I think you may well have sold him my '79 Havasu motor! 160 c.i., had to send it back because I only ran 3rd (Tom Ireland was really hacked off afterward that I'd taken a co-driver and hadn't run the whole 4 hours myself, and he was right). I still have the bill of lading from Jim Nerstrom, shipped to me % Red Wing boat Co. in Houston.

Best,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I sold him that Evinrude through Jim Jost's promotional motor sales...

Can't think of his name, but he's from Petaluma, California, seems he was a farmer...as when he had the Evinrude picked up at my house, they cam with a refrigerated semi truck...came right in my neighborhood and we tossed it from my pick up to this semi...

He was a freind of Larry Vorguson, who was very hot ski racer, Larry ran a Merc. Larry raced this Enduro the VP 81 is in....He stopped half was through and gave Mike Snell a two lap ride....Mike was paralyzed from the waist down...APBA got quite mad at Larry!!!

Post Thanks / Like

According to what Ron hill just wrote me, i think you've got my 160 c.i. 1979 Evinrude 235 on your Allison in that photo. Where'd the boat come from? Kenny shaw's 1981 winner was also white.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Strawn View Post
    This was Parker 1982 and I think was the last time I saw a VP run. Don't remember the names. I do remember it was uncomfortable watching this thing run 50 feet from the spectators.

Joe - Thanks for the info on the XR-14. I had heard of them but never even seen a picture. I still have my XR-2002 from 1983.

Barry

Thread Information