Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Arcadian limited hydro

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arcadian limited hydro

Jim Dernoncourt and I have restored Jim Hauenstein's Belleville hydro to run as a Vintage 6 liter.
    I did all of the design and installation of hardware and engine. I powered it with one of my SBC 355 c.i.
    V-8s. I am using an 8 degree Z-drive box with 9% overdrive. We are running in the midwest.
    Since completing this project, I have set up a Biesemeyer SE class runabout and running it in
    APBA racing with a class legal 355 c.i. Chevy . Boat name is Lorelei SE-69.
    This is my 60th season of boat racing but I'm ready to stop yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is a beautiful boat. I didn't know Marcel built inboard hydros too. Can you post a close up picture of that? After that... Rotten Rob...will you please start a thread and tell us about 60 years of racing? If you don't....who the H3ll else will?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marcel Bellvue Boats

Marcel moved from Canada to SoCal because he wanted to race more than he raced in Canada. Boat racing in California was nothing lik racing in Canada. Marcel who had lost one eye from a boat racing accident (Alcohol fuel in his eye) was an amazing boat builder and boat designer.

Marcel build the Arcadian 8 engine Uimited but he also build many limited hydros and OPC Hydros.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Marcel is retired and living in New Port Ritchie, Florida. He built several S class hydros. The best was Sandy Wray's that
    won the western divisionals in 1985, and placed second to Williard Wilson at the Dayton natioals that same year. One of
    the Hellava A class boat was a Belleville. Scott Schatz has a NM class with a capsule. Our restoration is unusual as it is the
    only known Belleville inboard still running.Attachment 53429

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Rob View Post
    Jim Dernoncourt and I have restored Jim Hauenstein's Belleville hydro to run as a Vintage 6 liter.
    I did all of the design and installation of hardware and engine. I powered it with one of my SBC 355 c.i.
    V-8s. I am using an 8 degree Z-drive box with 9% overdrive. We are running in the midwest.
    Since completing this project, I have set up a Biesemeyer SE class runabout and running it in
    APBA racing with a class legal 355 c.i. Chevy . Boat name is Lorelei SE-69.
    This is my 60th season of boat racing but I'm ready to stop yet.
    I thought I ran for a long time. You've got me beat by about 20 years! I got a late start at 34 years old in 1967.

Bruce

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got involved with the Vintage group in in 2005 and bought the all wooden Glen-l Tornado
    It had been a SK early in its career so I restored it as one. I went with a small block chevy 355
    and have been sticking with this engine type. I have two 355s in the hydro and SE a 383 in the
    Can't Wait 169. Greg Barker and I started to develop the class that is now SE in 2006.
    Six years later it became an APBA class. This is of the first SE to be on the exhibition
    circuit. I still run it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ACBS Toronto 100 Years of Boat Racing

Guys, are you aware of ACBS Toronto 100 Years of Boat Racing Vintage event in Gravenhurst, Ontario Sat July 6 2013? link: http://www.acbs.ca/index.php/boat-show

This event will feature numerous Vintage Inboards and Outboards, registration is now open.
    Dave Richardson, APBA Vintage Inboard Chair is leading the Inboard Segment.
    Rob, we'd love to see your IB there in the IB demo.
    Miss Canada IV restoration almost complete trial at end of this month.
    I will post a separate thread to this event.

Erik Luksep
    VP TORC, & VP CBF Outboard Division

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Rob View Post
    Marcel is retired and living in New Port Ritchie, Florida. He built several S class hydros. The best was Sandy Wray's that
    won the western divisionals in 1985, and placed second to Williard Wilson at the Dayton natioals that same year. One of
    the Hellava A class boat was a Belleville. Scott Schatz has a NM class with a capsule. Our restoration is unusual as it is the
    only known Belleville inboard still running.Attachment 53429
    How do Rob? I missed you at the meeting this year. You should have put that boat back to the 2.5 mod it was built to be. It sure was one fast sucker with the Datsun in it. That boat was changed into a 6 litre just so Jim could get the required heats needed to drive the Unlimited. By the way Brian Wilson has a 145 that could be running in minutes and my brothers 5 litre would start if we pushed the starter button. He ran it a few years ago. Fun Vintage boat cheap if someone wanted it.

Scott

Thread Information