Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1972 Alky Mationals

Post Thanks / Like

Does ANYONE out there have any movies of footage of loopers with sound that we could put up here?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweetest sound inthe world--

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lytle View Post
    Does ANYONE out there have any movies of footage of loopers with sound that we could put up here?
    I have a video of the 2man runabout with sound. I also have a tape of the sound of the SIX. Maybe the sound and no pic and we could all listen and DREAM!

Thanks again for doing my avatar.

Bruce

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lytle View Post
    So there's no sound? What was dubbed in, Music?

I could but this up on BRF if any of you are game..........We'll let Bob sell a few hundred copies 1st
    Looking over the origional post, I quoted 1977 Nationals from Depue. Actually it is the 1972 (miss typed) Nationals from Depue. It was origionally shot on super 8 mm film. When the DVD was made it was inhanced with music of the time. It is some rare footage of this event. Thanks Jeff for bringing this to my attention. If any one has any quentions of this DVD please contact me. The 1977 Nationals were in Hinton WV.......Thanks all Bob
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

Bob - I want a copy too, I'll e-mail you. And, I have a cassette audio tape of these same Nationals when I was doing Hydroplane Quarterly. I would report the race on tape (with the motor noise in the background) and write the article when I got home. I need to go to the Good Will or Salvation Army store and see if I can get a cassette recorder and if the tape still plays. I also have the Hydroplane Quarterly with the '72 Nationals article. - Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 72 Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Chance View Post
    Bob - I want a copy too, I'll e-mail you. And, I have a cassette audio tape of these same Nationals when I was doing Hydroplane Quarterly. I would report the race on tape (with the motor noise in the background) and write the article when I got home. I need to go to the Good Will or Salvation Army store and see if I can get a cassette recorder and if the tape still plays. I also have the Hydroplane Quarterly with the '72 Nationals article. - Tim
    Hay Tim, wouldn't it be great if the sound tape was added to the film. It would be a big effort to coodinate ite sound with the footage. I will have another DVD made for you today. I will pull out HQ and look over the article. Thanks Bob
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I just sent you an e-mail - Tim

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Any chance to put the movie with sound clip on Youtube?

Tim:

I am being asked periodically if and when someone will put a picture clip on Youtube with a Flathead running along with its sound, of course! Is there any way you can transfer a copy of your video and sound on there. Many readers are trying to imagine its sound because frankly there is nothing like a 6 cylinder Flathead's sound running flat out and everyone has the impression its wild enough to scare most into running away from it! I subscribe to that notion completely! Describing it is one thing and hearing it is fullfillment! Can you provide such a treat?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi John, Bruce Summers has a video of his six cylinder Looper with all the sounds. Try contacting Bruce on this, I am shure he can help.....Bob N-96.
    Bob Rusnak

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Thanks for the info. Will do.

Thanks for that information. I sure will do.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Documentary of Outboard History

Thanks Bob,
    I have one of the DVD's. Anyone who raced in the 1970's really needs one of these. This was more or less the last hurrah for the loopers. There are shots of Fred Hauenstein, Rich Fuschlin, Lee Sutter, Wayne Walgrave, Billy Jack Rucker, Howard Anderson, Pete Voss, Jim Gohery and even me. Also pictures of racers no longer with us, like Dick S., Bob H. and Bill Fales. Great pictures of the big 6 cylinder loopers for which I know there is much interest. You gotta have this!
    Thanks Bob for the hard work and for sending me the DVD.
    Also liked the 1977 Hinton Nationals. The highlight is Bob looking oh so cool before his buddies roll him into the drink. Lots of excitement over a great win for Bob in 250 Hydro. There were 44 entries. Shows what the FA Konig did for the class. Also can see how the boats were riding at that time. It is kind of scary the way Bob drove that Butts. There is always a great story behind every win and boy does Bob have a great one, however, I will let him tell it. Thanks for the great work on these DVD's!

Thread Information