Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merc 59 ci 60 block

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Merc 59 ci 60 block

Back on the drawing board! Looking for some Answers to see if there is a difference in the 3 cyl 59ci 60 vs 40 blocks and some porting info for a play motor just to get a round about guess on what I'm looking at doing. Thanks for any answers !

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a difference in porting, 40 is not goin to go like a 60, port timin is Different.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My 40 was done by Hydrotec it's running pretty good but I'm wanting to make this 60 block into a play motor for most hp I can get out of it. Can the 60 block be made out to be more or less than the 40 block or will they be about the same? Fig they had a little different ports but are the same everywhere else 59 ci

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

i've known some who have tryed with the 40 hp, 60hp allways left out on them

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be running a 59 ci 60 short shaft tiller on my Thundercat this year, it's bone stock and as yet hasn't been tested. Mostly a lake boat, some racing.
    Read through the 40 posts, good info. Don't plan on making motor changes till I know what I have and for all I know, it may be fine the way it is.
    Will work on set up first then make sensible motor changes as required. The goal is to keep the motor alive, have fun and go a little faster as time goes on.
    Looking forward to opinions posted here.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    i've known some who have tryed with the 40 hp, 60hp allways left out on them
    As in the 60 was faster? Not dependable? Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

60 was allways faster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I'll be running a 59 ci 60 short shaft tiller on my Thundercat this year, it's bone stock and as yet hasn't been tested. Mostly a lake boat, some racing.
    Read through the 40 posts, good info. Don't plan on making motor changes till I know what I have and for all I know, it may be fine the way it is.
    Will work on set up first then make sensible motor changes as required. The goal is to keep the motor alive, have fun and go a little faster as time goes on.
    Looking forward to opinions posted here.
    sorry to hijack the thread,but
    what hull you got mate?
    the 60/55 hps mercs go well.i got a 2000 model 55 seapro been runnin hard since I bought it .still goin hard...
    if you don't have a hull yet get an aquarius .there fast and very stable at topend..
    a 60 merc will run 60+ on a slt boat average crew,with a bantam weight crew you'll be runnin 65+.
    1 up be carefull you'll do well over 70 if you can hold onto it.
    I want to build mine up to one of these 90+hp motors you see in smack boats ,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6drdei4rU8

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reply posted in Thundercat section...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    My 40 was done by Hydrotec it's running pretty good but I'm wanting to make this 60 block into a play motor for most hp I can get out of it. Can the 60 block be made out to be more or less than the 40 block or will they be about the same? Fig they had a little different ports but are the same everywhere else 59 ci
    I've got both there is no difference.
    Strictly business

Thread Information